Black Panther

Best Selling RPGs - Available Now @ DriveThruRPG.com

Raleel

The Lemon LeCroix of Mythras
Reaction score
So does Black Panther look fucking amazing or what? Almost as jazzed for it as I am for Thor, and Thor is probably my favorite

Last edited:
I assume you are referring to this trailer

In which case I reply "fuck yeah it does"

The juxtaposition of traditional Subsaharan African aesthetics (looks like a bit of a jumble of Nigerian and South African cultures to my untrained eye) and sci-fi stuff really gets the old creative juices flowing.

Yep, that’s the one. Whoever is doing music on this and Luke cage should be required to do it on some other ones.

The juxtaposition of traditional Subsaharan African aesthetics (looks like a bit of a jumble of Nigerian and South African cultures to my untrained eye) and sci-fi stuff really gets the old creative juices flowing.
It reminds me a lot of their take on Asgard, too.

So yeah, hell yeah. I'm up for pretty much anything Marvel Studios puts out, they've proven they do consistently good work.

It reminds me a lot of their take on Asgard, too.

So yeah, hell yeah. I'm up for pretty much anything Marvel Studios puts out, they've proven they do consistently good work.
Yep. They are pulling in Black Panther as being a really A-team superhero in this. That and bringing in the culture, especially the dora milaje, is really turning out well. I think they are doing a great job of putting in his juxtaposition as a king and a hero, and I’m glad they called it out in the new trailer (first half of what The Butcher posted). I have high hopes for this one... might be up there with the Captain America movies for ass-kicking and morale compass-rightness.

And speaking as a white 40-something male, goddamn I am happy to have some black superheroes that make me want to say I want to be like THAT guy. Chadwick Boseman and Mike Colter are kicking ass and taking names. The ladies are doing it as well, but don’t feel like I can say I want to be Misty Knight as much ;)

Black Panther looks good.
Thor: Ragnarok looks like a slapstick comedy. No thanks.

This does look extremely promising.

And speaking as a white 40-something male, goddamn I am happy to have some black superheroes that make me want to say I want to be like THAT guy.

I can't say I mind, but what I'm really stoked for is having an African superhero. Africa doesn't get enough love. :smile:

I am hesitantly looking forward to it. The trailers look great, but I am concerned its all visuals and nothing storywise. I hope the movie doesn't blow Wakanda's cover, instead just giving the audience a secret peek so it remains a mysterious part of the Marvel world to be explored more in the future.

I can't say I mind, but what I'm really stoked for is having an African superhero. Africa doesn't get enough love. :smile:

Amen to that. Doesn’t get enough love in RPGs or movies at all.

I didn't know about the art pack, but I have spears of dawn on my wish list. thanks!

Kevin Crawford / Sine Nomine is insanely cool about artwork. All his KS have a stretch goal where he releases ALL the artwork for that project into the public domain.

Yeah, I really liked SotD. Definitely planning on running it some time.

So want Spears of Dawn.

This looks good and the director did a great job with CREED so so I'm hopeful this will deliver.

I really need to run Spears sometime.

I really enjoyed the Nightfall expansion for Guild Wars, which was set in their Not Africa. It was great seeing a fantasy world that wasn't Vaguely Medieval Europe or Feudal Asia, which are fine settings in and of themselves but get a bit repetitive eventually.

Banner: The best cosmic horror & Cthulhu Mythos @ DriveThruRPG.com
Back