Can we now admit the new 7th Sea is floundering?

Best Selling RPGs - Available Now @ DriveThruRPG.com
This place is for unicorns and rainbows.

unicorns.png

Right here.
What game did I say isn't an RPG? If you're going to just outright lie, you'd think you'd do it less blatantly.

You say Laws and Wick don't really roleplay
Here you are blatantly lying about what I said again. What I said was. "there's really no point to what he says about roleplaying because he doesn't do it...at least not by itself, without the added OOC narrative focus."

The mods might not appreciate it due to cross-forum issues, but I can easily point to a score or more of posts probably where I talk about the difference between "roleplaying" and "roleplaying plus storytelling", ie. roleplaying with a single mind toward In-Character immersion and roleplaying with a dual-purpose of In-Character immersion and Out of Character narration or storytelling. Really. There was even a whole thread about storygames and RPGs, roleplaying vs. storytelling, with Venn diagrams and everything. :grin:

"Just roleplaying" means exactly that. Roleplaying as opposed to "roleplaying plus storytelling". Some people who like narrative games hear people talk definitions, the little voices in their head tell them what the are hearing is "He said you're not a "real" roleplayer" and off we go.

The Laws quote-mining will have to wait, I don't have access to my gaming pdfs at my current location.

No, you need a fainting couch?
BTW, what's with the forum policing, you're pretending now you've never expressed a negative opinion about a thread topic?
Who's policing? I'm just offering my opinion that getting ass in hand doesn't make for a fun forum for those arguing or those trying to chat around them.

Also no ones offered a negative opinion about 7th Sea for 50-100+ posts so at this point we've all jumped the shark.

There's a great site for derailment and bitching I'm delusional in hoping we can avoid it here.

I live in hope...

Here you are blatantly lying about what I said again. What I said was. "there's really no point to what he says about roleplaying because he doesn't do it...at least not by itself, without the added OOC narrative focus."
I don't want to drag this out, but since you called me a blatant liar, I feel obliged to simply say that I stand by my description of your statement.

Cymru am Byth! (Said from under an umbrella)
While I'm in a ranting mood, why don't you Gaelic bastards have your own friggin' alphabet instead of using Roman characters...and then changing the sounds of every goddamn consonant and vowel? :mad:

It's like your language wasn't harder to learn than Mandarin, so you decided to cheat to make it tougher. :grin:

I don't want to drag this out, but since you called me a blatant liar, I feel obliged to simply say that I stand by my description of your statement.
Fair enough, I think you're being a useless asshole too, but at least you like Mythras. :grin:

While I'm in a ranting mood, why don't you Gaelic bastards have your own friggin' alphabet instead of using Roman characters...and then changing the sounds of every goddamn consonant and vowel? :grin:
The Welsh anticipated qwerty keyboards being vital to communications in the future and planned ahead.

Fair enough, I think you're being a useless asshole too, but at least you like Mythras. :grin:
On Mythras, we can agree!

Getting back on topic...

Regardless of one's opinion of anchovies on pizza, who isn't down for some Gentlemen's Relish on pumpernickle toast?
Relish.jpg

Is it better than vegemite/marmite? Or the same acquired taste?

I've never had vegemite/marmite, but it sounds disgusting. But then, Im a meatatarian.
It's not that gross. Sure, Vegemite isn't meat, but the name is mostly a misnomer. There is very little vegetable matter. It is mostly yeast, which is a fungus.

Just so you guys know, the next time I get a serious bit of 7th Sea news (such as the fate of the upcoming kickstarter) I'm posting it in this thread, so all this food and drama is getting dredged back to the front page later. ;)

There's a great site for derailment and bitching I'm delusional in hoping we can avoid it here.

I live in hope...

For the record, I consider the appeal of this forum to be the no-politics angle. That means I don't give a fuck if people want to hiss and growl over game philosophy. As long as the derails are game-related I still consider the site within its mission parameters.

It's not that gross. Sure, Vegemite isn't meat, but the name is mostly a misnomer. There is very little vegetable matter. It is mostly yeast, which is a fungus.
Fungus is delicious. It's like meat made out of plants, but not in the gross vegetarian/tofu way. (No offence to vegetarian people out there. Definitely not a lifestyle for me. But you go on with your bad self. I'll be here. Probably with a plate of bacon.)

I loves me some fungus. The only thing better than a portobello burger is a double portobello mushroom cheeseburger - one meat patty, one portobello mushroom...and bacon, of course.

You can have your Marmite though, and your anchovies. Garum caused the Fall of the Roman Empire, remember. :grin:

You can have your Marmite though, and your anchovies.
I'm Australian, so marmite is only fit for infants three months and under that aren't ready for the full intensity of Vegemite. I'll keep the anchovies though.

Fungus is delicious.

I loves me some fungus. The only thing better than a portobello burger is a double portobello mushroom cheeseburger - one meat patty, one portobello mushroom...and bacon, of course.

My idea of a meat-free Friday is a portobello and cheese omelette.

You three should watch Star Trek: Discovery then.

One of the main characters, Lt. Paul Stamets, is a Science Officer and fungus expert. One of the reasons why the Federation and the Klingon Empire go to war is due to the discovery (pun intended) of a subspace species of mushrooms that are then used to power a new method of space travel. So, yes, space mushrooms are going to make the Discovery fly. Seriously.

No offence to vegetarian people out there. Definitely not a lifestyle for me. But you go on with your bad self...

I most certainly will. You know what they say:
Once you go vegetarian
The rest is just carrion!

... or something...

tupRwjO.gif

Fungus is delicious. It's like meat made out of plants, but not in the gross vegetarian/tofu way. (No offence to vegetarian people out there. Definitely not a lifestyle for me. But you go on with your bad self. I'll be here. Probably with a plate of bacon.)

How DARE you! Something something meat is murder something something kale.

:grin:

Bacon is freaking delicious! Almost as good as anchovies.

And you can put both of them on pizza, yo!

How DARE you! Something something meat is murder something something kale.

:grin:

Bacon is freaking delicious! Almost as good as anchovies.

And you can put both of them on pizza, yo!
Roses are red, so is bacon
Poems are hard
Bacon

This place is for unicorns and rainbows.

unicorns.png

Yaaaaay! This is the feeling I get when I play or run AD&D 2e! Yaaaaaay! :smile: I'm either the farting butterfly or the lime green jell-o consuming your unicorns! Yaaaaay! Which one are all of you? :smile:

We're back to Rainbows! Now we can get Opa to play. :smile:

Rainbows are yum! Rainbows are safe! Rainbows are God's radiation lazors of fiery love made visible! :smile: That's why sunburns and skin cancer! :grin:

Regardless of one's opinion of anchovies on pizza, who isn't down for some Gentlemen's Relish on pumpernickle toast?
Relish.jpg

Y'know, I've never tried this. :oops: And I like fish sauce stuff. In fact, I like to make my own kimchi with a touch of nuóc mám fish sauce for a more complex yet milder flavor (and so i don't have to ferment my own seafood tidbits at home for the kimchi). I must try these exotic European ingredients... o_O

Now you've gone too far!
"Thou shall Not mix Meat and fish" is almost as important as "thou shall Not put pineapple on pizza".​

Y'know what's surprisingly good on pizza? Pineapple and jalapeños. It tastes a bit like Chinese sweet & sour sauce. It's surprisingly addictive. So is the Japanese pizza classic fresh mayonnaise and creamed corn. It somehow mixes with the cheese & tomato sauce into something yum. :p

I'm still a little on the fence about curried squid pizza, though. Like curry, like squid, like pizza, something about the texture between the dough and the squid, however... :confused:

Oh yes, and for on topic, I now admit new 7th Sea is floundering, for whatever that's worth. :rolleyes: ;)

I was a vegetarian for a while but I quit.

Getting back on topic...

Relish.jpg
I can't believe this is a product. And that nobody has ever told Jeremy Clarkson.

Y'know what's surprisingly good on pizza? Pineapple and jalapeños. It tastes a bit like Chinese sweet & sour sauce. It's surprisingly addictive. So is the Japanese pizza classic fresh mayonnaise and creamed corn. It somehow mixes with the cheese & tomato sauce into something yum. :p

I'm still a little on the fence about curried squid pizza, though. Like curry, like squid, like pizza, something about the texture between the dough and the squid, however... :confused:

Oh yes, and for on topic, I now admit new 7th Sea is floundering, for whatever that's worth. :rolleyes: ;)

Curried squid pizza sounds like two good things mixed together by error, Pizza ai Frutti di Mare can have octopus, squid etc and I can see Curry-Pizza being palatable but both at the same time? It's just trying too hard.
Like your post;) ziiing!

Also yes, new 7seas? A big fat mess, I'd like to see some retroclones of first edition, as long as they're better structured.

Curried squid pizza sounds like two good things mixed together by error, Pizza ai Frutti di Mare can have octopus, squid etc and I can see Curry-Pizza being palatable but both at the same time? It's just trying too hard.
Like your post;) ziiing!

Also yes, new 7seas? A big fat mess, I'd like to see some retroclones of first edition, as long as they're better structured.
Squid pizza is great, but I agree with you on the curry part. I mean, it would be good, but I just don't think you would properly appreciate the subtle taste of squid if you mixed it with curry. It's why lamb and goat curries are so good. They have a strong enough taste to really stand up to curry.

Now I want a pizza with curry sauce and lamb sausage.

Banner: The best cosmic horror & Cthulhu Mythos @ DriveThruRPG.com
Back