FaerieGodfather's D&D 5e

Discussion in 'Recruitment' started by FaerieGodfather, Feb 12, 2018.

1. FaerieGodfather

FaerieGodfather Shroompunk Warlord

Requested in Chat, I am planning on starting at low-level and playing in the Galactic Dragons & Godwars (no relation to my setting) playstyle: low-level PCs are expected to change the world, high-level PCs are expected to break it in half and make it their bitch.

Interested?

The campaign will run using the standard D&D 5e rules with minor adjustments, detailed next post.

Setting

This is going to be a collaborative setting where all of the players will have a say in what parts of D&D are included (or excluded) from the world. World-building will proceed democratically unless I don't like the results and overrule you.

Established facts:

• The two most prominent races in the setting are Humans and Tortles.
    • More than one variety of Elf exists. They may or may not be a major race.
    • Non-Tolkien races have priority over Tolkien races.
    • Weird monsters have priority over traditional monsters.
    • Horses don't exist. Characters ride giant flightless birds. Wealthy characters can afford flying mounts.
    • Every PHB class and subclass exists. Non-PHB subclasses may be excluded.
    • This is a high magic, high weirdness, low fantasy setting. The Laws of Nature have been broken and glued back together wrong countless times.
    • The campaign setting consists of multiple single-biome "worlds" connected by wormholes.

Last edited: Feb 14, 2018
    Doc Sammy, Voros and Templum Domini like this.
  2. FaerieGodfather

Sourcebooks

1. All official WotC materials are pre-approved unless I decide they're not.
    2. DM's Guild and 3PP material will be approved on a case-by-case basis; I will only approve materials I have a copy of.
    3. Blacky the Blackball's Immortals Companion will be used at the appropriate level.
    Saving Throws

1. PCs gain half profiency in all saving throws.
    2. Resilient grants double proficiency in one proficient saving throw and proficiency in one non-proficient saving throw.
    Ability Score Increases

1. Characters get an ASI or a Feat every 4th character level. The 19th level bonus is gained at 20th.
    2. ASI is three +1 bonuses, two of which must be in racial abilities (human racial abilities are everything but their highest)
    3. Humans who select a Feat gain +1 to their highest ability or +1 to two racial abilities. This can not stack with bonuses granted by the Feat.
    4. Nonhumans who select a Feat gain +1 to one racial ability. This can not stack with bonuses granted by the Feat.
    Multiclassing

1. Multiclassing is allowed.
    2. If your character has levels in more than one class, I will design you a Feat that will make you suck less. Taking it is up to you.

Doc Sammy and Voros like this.
  3. FaerieGodfather

Game will be organized around Discord on my sever linked above.

I can be talked into Roll20 or another VTT, but I'm going to need extensive help getting it installed/configured and learning how to use it in play. Also, I have jack shit for financial resources, so anything that needs to be paid for will have to be paid by someone else.

Last edited: Feb 14, 2018
  4. FaerieGodfather

I am also willing to incorporate this game into the RPG Pub Club if someone will walk me through it.

Doc Sammy likes this.
  5. Templum Domini

Templum Domini Member

Discord would be great.

Doc Sammy likes this.
  6. Tutu

Tutu New Member

I would also be happiest with Discord.

Doc Sammy likes this.
  7. Doc Sammy

Doc Sammy Venice Beach Volleyball

Mind if I join?

I'd like to be a Barbarian, most likely either Human or Wood Elf.

8. FaerieGodfather

You're good. I've added Wood Elf to the list of unbannable races, so there's two types of elves.

Doc Sammy likes this.
  9. FaerieGodfather

The following Races are Allowed and MAY NOT be Excluded:
    • Human
    • Tortle
    • Elf (Eladrin, Wood Elf; other subraces are negotiable; they all have tails deal with it)
    • Halflings (Lightfoot and Stout; other subraces are negotiable) are Ratlings
    • Orcs are bestial and ape-like and don't suffer from light-blindness

The following Races are Recommended for Consideration:
    • Aarakocra
    • Aasimar: Protector, Scourge, Fallen
    • Firbolg
    • Genasi
    • Goliath
    • Half-Elf
    • Half-Orc
    • Kenku
    • Lizardfolk
    • Tabaxi
    • Tiefling: Variant
    • Yuan-Ti Pureblood
    Anything in a book I own is negotiable. Any books that players give me are books I own.

As a rule, I don't like Small races and I think most D&D races are too much humanlike. The more interestingly distinct you make a race, the more enthusiastic I will be about including it.

10. FaerieGodfather

Worldbuilding

Goddamn, that is a difficult word to type.

Right now, we've got a little bit on the cosmology, which I am going to shamelessly rip off for Shroompunk.

This is not a setting of Gods. The powers of this universe are at once more primal, more intimate, and more sinister.

Each of these powers sponsors its own Clerics, Paladins, and Warlocks.

The Star Spirits

Most of the Worlds have the night sky above, where they can see the stars-- and the stars can see them. The motion of the stars intertwines with the motions of destiny.

The Minus

When too many Warp Pipes cross through same space, they strain the fabric of reality, until people and things can pass through it.

The Shadow Queen

She is the oppressive, burning darkness. She is the order without justice.

The Mushroom

The Fundament of All the Worlds, the Common Thread Uniting All Living Things, the Heartbeat of Creation

Doc Sammy and Templum Domini like this.