IC Attack the Darkness! The Geriatric Brigade

Discussion in 'Games' started by Bunch, Nov 30, 2017.

1. Bunch

Bunch Well-Known Member

You wake from last nights festivities hung over and weak. Staggering about you see your peers all appear to be in a similar state. At first it feels like a fitting punishment for all the fun you had last night. It had been a long time since the village had anything to celebrate with poor harvest and harsh winters year after year. But then yesterday the neighboring villagers showed up with a plan to pool resources and work together. The odds still seemed long but it was the most hope the village had in months. An impromptu celebration began lasting late into the night. Drinks kept coming and coming. As you mingle with the others you start to notice a few things. Everyone you can find is an older member of the village. The hunger and thirst you feel seems greater than just a normal hangover. You piece together that you've slept through at least two full days. Whatever was in the drinks that night involved more than alcohol. Worse yet you realize all of the younger people in the village are missing. The remaining people with some wits about them search for food stores and determine you have more than a months worth of food left maybe much more with rationing. You have a little time to decide what to do but clearly the clock is ticking.

2. opaopajr

opaopajr Well-Known Member

"Those blasted, daggum youngins took my peaches -- hundreds of peaches! As if peaches for free. Thousands of peaches. Peaches from me!"

/farts "Dang it, Moonpie, I was sayin somethin. Now take yer stench n git! We got company, good lord...

"Now what was I sayin? Oh yeah, bet them youngins took those peaches to go make a cobbler -- without sharin neither! Takin without sharin, and after all we done for 'em!?

"What we got is a cobbler strategic deficiency! I say we find n invade those meddlin kids, and take back our cobbler! Who's with me?"

/tummy growls with more gas build up

3. Endless Flight

Endless Flight Administrator Administrator Moderator

Gruffyn's face turns sour after speaking to the other villagers about the mysterious disappearance of the younger villagers. After the celebration last night, he is certainly in no condition to remember what had happened in the late hours. Maybe I cast a spell and banished them to another plane by accident during the merriment, he thinks to himself as he enters his disheveled hovel. He momentarily enjoys the thought of the irritating whippersnappers of the village banished forever but realizing at the same time that the old fogeys in the village needed them for survival. Certainly he doesn't, after all he is 37. He passes by a mirror and curses. He shakes his head as he begins pouring through his spellbooks. "37, 73, what's the difference". He realizes after a few minutes that he doesn't know any banishment spells, and certainly none that would get rid of all of the annoying youth. But that doesn't mean that somebody else outside of the village wouldn't. Gruffyn always thought that the recent bad luck in the area was no accident, that outside forces beyond nature were at work. But he had no reason to really look into it, until now. He stacks the books back into a haphazard pile and adjusts his bandana holding back his white hair. I should talk to that old stinker Kissinger. Maybe he cursed the wrong god last night while imbibing all those potent liquors. He grabs his staff by the door and goes to find the cleric.

Last edited: Nov 30, 2017
  4. opaopajr

( GM is taking a nap. Shh! :wink: )

Bunch likes this.
  5. Bunch

Bunch Well-Known Member

You have no idea how on the money that comment is . I woke up to read that. Baby girl hit six weeks and hasn't been sleeping. Add a bunch of holiday, healthcare and tax issues and I haven't had free time. I'm hoping I'm through the worst of it. Lately I'm the one feeling geriatric.

6. opaopajr

(It's OK, only dreams now. :wink: :hehe:)

7. Bunch

Bunch Well-Known Member

You leave your respective homes looking for cobbler or Kissinger as the case may be to find a small group of residents attempting to figure out what to do next.

'Hunt down the bastards I say. Don't give a damn if my good for nothing son is among them. Prick left me to die and a hangover!' says old McAllister.

'I bet the damn snake men are responsible. I heard rumors the swamp was getting thick with them. Never did trust nothin with a forked tongue.' mumbles Old man Reid.

'Well can't say I blame them. It was getting close to them having to choose between feeding the kids or the parents. Would you have chosen differently?' asks Leeta while knitting a sock.

'So what are we going to do now? I'm not leaving. I spent my whole life here. I'm gonna die here but I ain't in a hurry. We gonna try and ride out and plant again? If so someone should figure out if snake men are the problem. I'll stay an plant. Maybe we just go see if we can find something in any of the old ruins to go buy food. ' ponders Farmer Jaks while drawing with a stick in the dirt.

More residents are waking up and joining the discussion.

8. opaopajr

/being licked in the fafe by Moonpie
    *snort* "Huh? Oh thanks, Moonpie, I was dozing off there for a bit."

"Something something about the snakemen doing this? Well poop on them! I say we invade them and take their peaches... or flies, or whatever the hell they eat."
    /tummy rimbles, building up more pressure

"Who's with me?"

/scratches Moonpie behind the ears
    "Of course you're with me! Who's a good boy? Who's a good boy? Wanna go sic 'em snakies? Yeah? We go sic 'em good and take their stuff!"

9. Bunch

Bunch Well-Known Member

"Who's with me?"

Rhyll of Rhode looks up. A light returns to his eyes. You all know Rhyll's history. He came back to help his daughter Rhul take care of the farm after spending a life as a soldier. Unfortunately his mind started to go duet to dementia. A grand funk took over him as he realized he was going to lose his mind before his body stopped working . Rhyll says 'I'm in! You may have to remind me if I forget but my body is strong and I will die before I fail you!'