(Rules Conversion) Vampire: The Masquerade for Big Eyes Small Mouth

Best Selling RPGs - Available Now @ DriveThruRPG.com

Doc Sammy

White Trash Weeb
Reaction score
Alright, I have been wanting to do this for a long while and I even drafted notes for this on paper a while back. I want to combine my two favorite role-playing games together, the games in question being Vampire: The Masquerade (First Edition) and Big Eyes Small Mouth (First Edition).

Here is what I got written down so far. For reference, we are using the following books for the conversion.

Vampire: The Masquerade Core Rulebook (1991)
Big Eyes Small Mouth Core Rulebook (1998)
Sailor Moon Role-Playing Game and Resource Book (1999)

So far, I've come up with the base point values for a standard 13th Generation Kindred Neonate.

Stat Points: 12-14 points
Character Points: 15 points
Other Details: Three free levels of any In-Clan Discipline can be listed as well

Energy Points are replaced with Blood Points but are functionally the same in terms of gameplay mechanics. The only way you can replenish them is by feeding. Your starting number of blood points is equivalent to your Health Points, but for every level of the Generation attribute that you buy, you get an extra five Blood Points.

New Attribute Point Costs
Generation (2 Points Per Level)
Disciplines (4 Points Per Level)
Resources (1 Point Per Level)
Fame (1 Point Per Level)
Influence (2 Points Per Level)
Mentor (1 Point Per Level)
Status (2 Points Per Level)
Allies (1 Point Per Level)
Contacts (1 Point Per Level)
Haven (1 Point Per Level)
Herd (1 Point Per Level)

Other modern attributes from BESM's corebook are also kept like Damn Healthy!, Strong Mind, Strong Soul, Appearance, Acrobatics, Extra Attacks, etc.

The following BESM core attributes are NOT used. Forgive me if I am not using the exact names from the book as the corebook is currently downstairs on my bookshelf as I type this.

Own A Giant Robot
Magic (Replaced by Thaumaturgy)
Shape Change
Psionics
Extra Damage (Replaced by Potence)
Extra Speed (Replaced by Celerity)

As for the Fortitude Discipline, each level taken acts as a single level of Armor.

Any feedback or concerns? If I were to run a Vampire: The Masquerade Play-By-Post/Play-By-Chat in the future, would you guys mind play-testing these rough rules conversions?

Are you going to convert the Humanity mechanic in some way? Also, what role does Generation play? Its costed at 2 pts, which seems low, but maybe not as it appears to not be converted to Blood Pool in any manner. As such, maybe just drop it entirely. Speaking of, if Energy Points are replaced with Blood points, how do you stat up non-vampires? Are you planning to keep the point ladder for disciplines or just represent them with equivalent advantages?

Are you going to convert the Humanity mechanic in some way? Also, what role does Generation play? Its costed at 2 pts, which seems low, but maybe not as it appears to not be converted to Blood Pool in any manner. As such, maybe just drop it entirely. Speaking of, if Energy Points are replaced with Blood points, how do you stat up non-vampires? Are you planning to keep the point ladder for disciplines or just represent them with equivalent advantages?

Humanity is deliberately left out, while non-vampires use normal Energy Points. I also intend to keep the point ladder of Disciplines.

Banner: The best cosmic horror & Cthulhu Mythos @ DriveThruRPG.com
Back