New Member Introductions

Best Selling RPGs - Available Now @ DriveThruRPG.com
Hiya all

I actually registered here and completely forgot about the place until someone over at theRPGSite ping me and I'm glad they did!

I'm here to tell you why everyone should be playing GURPS and Megaversal rules! ;)

Hi, Ulairi. It's not every day one sees GURPS and Palladium brought up in the same sentence but these two taste strongly of nostalgia to me.

Both more or less fell to the wayside as I got successful vely distracted by the oWoD, then D&D3, then the OSR and the "ones that got away" (WFRP, Runequest, Traveller)... ah well. I bear neither any grudge. Character creation was the dealbreaker for both, incidentally.

Hi folks,

I don't suppose anyone here recognises me, but my story is similar to many of you - I was on the big purple until it got crazy, then was on therpgsite until it got crazy, too. Which is a shame, because Amber Diceless is my favourite system.

I haven't been active this last year on rpg forums or rpgs themselves as much since having a baby. But, I'm hoping to get back into posting more. Perhaps this will be the place?

//Panjumanju

I heard about this forum a while back, and bookmarked it because the "no politics" rule sounded like a good idea.
That was then and this is now, and now "no politics" sounds like a great idea so I signed up.

I'm just fed up with all of it and I want to talk about RPG's for a bit. And thanks for creating this forum.

(For anyone who knows me from there, I also post on the Hero Forums as Xavier Onassiss. Hi guys.)

I heard about this forum a while back, and bookmarked it because the "no politics" rule sounded like a good idea.
That was then and this is now, and now "no politics" sounds like a great idea so I signed up.

I'm just fed up with all of it and I want to talk about RPG's for a bit. And thanks for creating this forum.

(For anyone who knows me from there, I also post on the Hero Forums as Xavier Onassiss. Hi guys.)

Welcome to the club Jack! And it's great to have a Hero player! Do you tend to play Champions or Fantasy Hero?

Hi Jack!

As a HERO fan, were you a fan of Robot Warriors? That was my fav Hero game.

Welcome to the club Jack! And it's great to have a Hero player! Do you tend to play Champions or Fantasy Hero?

I've played a LOT of Champions, a bit of Fantasy Hero, mostly with D3 Games' Kamarathin setting, which is best described as "dark fantasy" in my opinion. Kamarathin has some of the most interesting magic systems I've seen in a Hero product.

In answer to SpinachCat's question, I've never tried RobotWars. Feel free to tell me about it, though!

893b6d8cc2edd1d3dc84f9e8bd49016b--animal-puns-funny-animal.jpg

And welcome to the Pub, Bookwyrm.

I signed up in August but just now started posting. I'm Kravell on some other sites. I heard this site had RPGs and food so here I am. Plus it's a pub.

I GM Dark Sun and Warhammer FRP currently and freelance write for the ENWorld website.

We also hate geese and occasionally rant about Bigfoot. :smile:

Okay, it's mostly me ranting about Bigfoot. :sad:
And mostly me hating geese.

I won't rehash my hatred for them except to say there's a thread on it.

I GM Dark Sun and Warhammer FRP currently and freelance write for the ENWorld website.

Welcome aboard!!

What system do you use for Dark Sun?

I played in a WFRP Dark Sun campaign ages ago. It worked just fine. The GM loved the combo of Athas and Critical Hit splatter.

Welcome aboard!!

What system do you use for Dark Sun?

I played in a WFRP Dark Sun campaign ages ago. It worked just fine. The GM loved the combo of Athas and Critical Hit splatter.

AD&D 2E. Just the core books plus psionics.

How do I get to be a goose buster?

I noticed the other day under profile options it let me choose a title, so after some wicked deliberation that one seemed the most appropriate

Banner: The best cosmic horror & Cthulhu Mythos @ DriveThruRPG.com
Back