Board Changes

Best Selling RPGs - Available Now @ DriveThruRPG.com

Endless Flight

I have the power!
Administrator
Reaction score
I renamed the category "RPG Discussion" to "Gaming Discussion".
I renamed the forum "General Roleplaying" to "Roleplaying Games".
I renamed the forum "Minatures & Wargaming" to "Miniature Wargames."
I added a forum called "Board Games".
I moved the order of the forums.

Would a discussion of En Garde! go in board games or roleplaying games?

Hm, is it necessary to separate board games and wargames into seperate forums? I ask because there is a huge crossover between the two, a huge majority of board games these days use miniatures, and I wonder if there would be enough traffic to need an additional subforum?

Hm, is it necessary to separate board games and wargames into seperate forums? I ask because there is a huge crossover between the two, a huge majority of board games these days use miniatures, and I wonder if there would be enough traffic to need an additional subforum?

I'm gonna give it a shot like I gave some others. If it doesn't get a few threads going in the next few days, I might pull it. What you see right now is it though. There won't be any more forums in that section.

Should there be a forum for card games, or expand the board game forum to include?

Cool. My coop thread has already drifted a bit into card games anyway.

Yeah I thought about it and there are games that are both deck building and board games too so there it is.

I have added a forum called "Resources" to keep the Resources from being lost in the separate forums.

Sorry folks. I was all over the place changing the board around again this morning. I've almost got it to where It makes sense, I think.

Would there be value in an "advertising" board, for companies to announce new products, upcoming kickstarters, and the like?

I know this gets kinda fuzzy as to where something should go, but I'm thinking of the differences between threads like this and this; the former is basically just a press release posted as a thread, and I think would belong in an Advertising board, while the latter is still pushing a kickstarter but is from a regular user (And has led to organic discussion).

An advertising forum would go into the same category as reviews and resources. We can do it if everybody wants it that way.

An advertising forum would go into the same category as reviews and resources. We can do it if everybody wants it that way.
I want to say yes but I've got to ask — how much does it cost you, in money, work and tine, to create a new subforum?

A minute. I spend more time organizing than actually creating forums.

I had a member suggest increasing the characters allowed per post so I increased it from 10,000 to 20,000.

I had a member suggest increasing the characters allowed per post so I increased it from 10,000 to 20,000.

At last! I can now fit my ridiculous, two page posts into a single page! HAHAHAHA!!!

Ahem.

Sorry.

This is great news, Endless. Thank you.

I changed the boards.

The Board Games and Miniatures Game forums were merged.
The Reviews and Kickstarter forum was eliminated and topics moved to Roleplaying Games.
Gaming Resources was moved under Tabletop Discussion.
Play-by-Post Discussion was changed to Online Gaming Discussion.
Recruiting was changed to Game Ads and Sign-Ups (placeholder name).

This was done in the interest of condensing for the sake of keeping forums more active and making them broader.

Last edited:
Banner: The best cosmic horror & Cthulhu Mythos @ DriveThruRPG.com
Back