First Pics From the Hellboy Boardgame

Best Selling RPGs - Available Now @ DriveThruRPG.com

TristramEvans

The Right Hand of Doom
Administrator
Reaction score
Mantic's Hellboy Boardgame Kickstarter is coming up April 22nd, something I couldn't be more excited for.

The first pics of one of the minis, Big Red himself, just showed up online

Hellboy-Logo-394x278.jpg

Hellboy-Miniature-394x394.jpg

sigh...I love Mantic and I hate Mantic. I've tried to carry them in my store but they never really sell well. I'd like to do more of their stuff but I just can't afford to have more of it, unsold, staring out from my shelves.

Kings of War really took off in my area in the wake of WFB's death. I've got two stores nearby that have weekly KOW tournaments.

The Hellboy mini looks great:smile:

Yeah, I'm really impressed. Mantic isn't known for the best sculpts, but if this is the level of quality of all the minis I'll be overjoyed.

What kind of game is it going to be? Some kind of coop dungeon crawler?

What kind of game is it going to be? Some kind of coop dungeon crawler?

According to the initial announcement:

"The Hellboy board game is described as “a co-operative experience in which players face off against some of the comic’s most famous foes. Up to four people take control of iconic BRPD members, such as Hellboy, Abe Sapien, and Roger the Homunculus, before exploring gothic locations and uncovering ancient artifacts.” The game aims to “accurately capture the look and feel of Mike Mignola’s world-famous comic series.

Hellboy has a great cast of characters, diverse locations and legendary monsters from the pages of folklore and myth,” said Ronnie Renton, Mantic CEO, engaging in the ceremonial exchange of compliments via press release that is contractually required by all licensing agreements between companies. “The comics provide a fantastic foundation on which to build an immersive, fun and fast-paced co-operative board game that will let players experience some of their favorite moments from the series.”

new pic, one of the frogmen ("Deep Ones") from the game:

Hellboy-Monster-Preview-Mantic-Games-327x394.jpg

Mike Mignola, the fellow who is providing the inspiration for the sculpts and art direction of Mantic Games’ Hellboy board game, has started work on an amazing piece of artwork to adorn the core box.

billionaire? Naw I got both of those from Sideshow in the early aughts, I think it was like $150 for the Right Hand of Doom and $350 for the Samaritan replica.

billionaire? Naw I got both of those from Sideshow in the early aughts, I think it was like $150 for the Right Hand of Doom and $350 for the Samaritan replica.
How about this?
IMG_20180411_110731-01.png
Or this?
IMG_20180411_120217-01.png
Or these?
FHC2.jpg
And if your answer is yes then what exactly is your address and how good is your security?
:shade:

lol, no, my collection is focused just on Hellboy. I do have several tanks, but they are for my 40K Custodes ;)

lol, no, my collection is focused just on Hellboy. I do have several tanks, but they are for my 40K Custodes ;)
See that's the advantage of a crazy billionaire! You and I need to limit our collections due to silly resources like money and space. He just buys em all, builds a museum to house them and I suspect writes them off on his taxes as charity.

Have there been any hints as to the estimated price tag on Kickstarter? I'm willing to put 100$ (CAD, so, like, 250$ USD, lol). But that's a big deal for me...

Have there been any hints as to the estimated price tag on Kickstarter? I'm willing to put 100$ (CAD, so, like, 250$ USD, lol). But that's a big deal for me...

No indication, but I'd base my estimate on their previous KS:

Mars Attacks! https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1744629938/mars-attacks-the-miniatures-game

and Walking Dead https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1744629938/the-walking-dead-all-out-war-miniatures-game

so possibly around $75 - 100 for the first tier?

Is he a Ten-Eyed Man ripoff? Or is something else going on with the eyeless face and fingers?

No idea who the ten-eyed man is.

Johann is a medium whose body was destroyed while he was in Astral form, and he's basically stuck as a sort of "ghost". The containment suit hosts his spirit and allows him to physically interact with the world.

The fingers contain sockets through which he can disperse part of his ectoplasmic form.

No idea who the ten-eyed man is.

Johann is a medium whose body was destroyed while he was in Astral form, and he's basically stuck as a sort of "ghost". The containment suit hosts his spirit and allows him to physically interact with the world.

The fingers contain sockets through which he can disperse part of his ectoplasmic form.

I thought he was looking through his fingertips. Ten-Eyed Man was a Batman villain from the good old days. I seem to recall he was blinded and had a crazy surgeon put optical nerves in his fingertips. Nothing like this guy, then.
tem.png

Last edited:
If the Hellboy Kickstarter had come sooner I would have thrown some cash at it. But, cursed CMON recently Kickstarted Zombicide: Invader and that's getting a chunk of change from me. It'll give me a ton of minis to paint... in 2019...

Yeah saw that ZOmbicide game. Looks amazing (as do several other Kickstarters of late). But Hellboy is my true love. I'll wait for that one.

First pic of Abe Sapien, and an alternate Hellboy Anung Un Rama mini...

Abe-Sapien-Hellboy-Mantic-Games-394x394.jpg

Hellboy-1-Studio-Giraldez-394x231.jpg

Hellboy pre-launch online "party" going on right now on at Needy Cat Games

Banner: The best cosmic horror & Cthulhu Mythos @ DriveThruRPG.com
Back