Future State (DC Heroes; play-by-post; 1+ players)

Best Selling RPGs - Available Now @ DriveThruRPG.com
I like the other one better. I don't see a lot of difference between the two in terms of 'costume-ness'. Something medieval is piquant in a near future setting.

I like the other one better. I don't see a lot of difference between the two in terms of 'costume-ness'. Something medieval is piquant in a near future setting.
I'm mostly kidding, mostly.

For me: A lot of it has to do with color choices and repeatable ease of drawing. Plus for me I just mail armor :grin: . :grin:

Fenris-77 Fenris-77 is your character able to use his Sorcery power when he’s not using the mantle?

So Booster Gold does exist in the Future universe as an older guy. He helped Bruce fix the timeline so that they made sure Terry became Batman.

8719765C-B03A-4990-82BE-90E5FA9F6562.jpeg

I’m not a slave to canon, especially in this case. I think you can play Booster Gold as a legacy character, whether it be a relative, friend or even a stranger. I was curious if he had been used though, to see what they did with him.

BOOSTER GOLD

DEX 06 STR 05 BODY 05
INT 05 WILL 05 MIND 05
INFL 06 AURA 05 SPIRIT 05
INITIATIVE: 19 HERO POINTS: 70

Skills:
Charisma: 07
Martial Artist: 05
Scientist: 04
Vehicles: 04

Advantages: Attractive; Connection: Congolmerate (High); Justice League International (High), Network Televions (Low), U.S. Government (Low); Popularity

Drawbacks: Minor Irrational Attraction to attractive women and money; Secret Identity

Alter Ego: Michael Jon Carter
Motivation: Thrill of Adventure
Wealth: 03

Equipment:
BOOSTER GOLD BATTLESUIT
[Str: 07, Body: 07, Energy Absorption: 02, Energy Blast: 06, Force Field: 15, Force Shield: 02, Power Reserve: 06, Telescopic Vision: 05, Thermal Vision: 07, R#: 2] Bonus: Force Field can be projected at a distance, but loses 1 AP for every AP of distance.

LEGION FLIGHT RING [Body: 05, Flight: 08, Telepathy: 08] Limitation: Telepathy allows ring to be operated at a distance, and emit a distress call. Booster was never trained in either of these applications however.

SKEETS

I could be from the 25th and a half century trying to replicate the success of the legendary hero Booster Gold so I stole all the same stuff and did my best to replicate his origin.

I figure the only things we may need to adjust are alter ego, occupation, advantages and disadvantages

Look at all the future iterations, add one or ten, and go :grin:

So does anyone need help with knocking out their characters?

I’ll dig out my copy of DC Heroes after work and my Friday night D&D game and post any questions

I do if we aren’t just using Booster Gold’s stats but I’m kind of swamped at work this afternoon.
It’s not immediately necessary. I just figured I would ask. In your case, I know you mentioned doing a cross between Booster Gold and Blue Beetle.

It’s not immediately necessary. I just figured I would ask. In your case, I know you mentioned doing a cross between Booster Gold and Blue Beetle.
The only thing about Gold Beetle is she is a time traveler so that can cause all sorts of headaches.

Mr. Whisper (mental)
Changeling (physical)
Winter Knight (mystical)
Gold Beetle/Booster Gold/Booster Beetle (technological)

Quick question - what Genre rules would be used for this? Action, Mock-Real, or something custom?

Maybe she's not a time traveler yet.
I’d be fine with that, I line the idea of having the suit and Skeets but not having personal knowledge of the future or the ability to time travel, at least not at the start of the game.

Although a mix of Booster Gold and Blue Beetle would be cool, I dug my rules out and am going over it this afternoon

DEX 03/06 STR 03/06 BODY 03/06
INT 07 WILL 06 MIND 06
INF 12 AURA 10 SPIRIT 12
INITIATIVE 22/25 HERO POINTS 70
Powers: Ice Control 10, Ice Production 10, Skin Armor 06, Sorcery 15
Skills: Charisma 06, Detective 08, Occultist 10
Advantages: Area Knowledge (Neo-Gotham); Connections: Unseelie Court (low); Insta-change; Sharp Eye
Drawbacks: Mistrust (anyone with prior interactions with a Knight); Secret Identity; Miscellaneous (when not in mystical armor his physical stats are at lower listed AP values and he cannot use any of his powers except Sorcery)
Wealth: 05

I gave him the Charisma skill because he seems like the type who can talk himself out of a situation. Sorcerors are usually talkative too. The ice powers you mentioned before. He can make ice and control existing ice. The skin armor power is basically the armor. If you had he had an armor made of ice this could be eliminated. Gave him the secret identity drawback.

You’ll have to fill in who doesn’t trust him as I put a ? mark in there.

Banner: The best cosmic horror & Cthulhu Mythos @ DriveThruRPG.com
Back