Game Lines That Died Too Soon (Not RPGs)

Best Selling RPGs - Available Now @ DriveThruRPG.com
Warmachine: High Command. A deck-building game set in the Iron Kingdoms campaign setting. It had a couple of small card pack expansions and one big box called Faith & Fortune that added four extra factions to the game. There's also Hordes: High Command, which is technically it's own game, but you can use it with the other High Command sets.
Faction wise the game is complete, but I would have liked to see more of it.

wm_highcommand.jpg

highcom_faithfort.jpg

hordes_highcommand_bg.jpg

The Battleship miniatures game could have used a few more releases. The figures were quite good for the time.

Pity they kept getting sunk.:smile:
Well played but here's the game I'm talking about if you're curious:

Well played but here's the game I'm talking about if you're curious:
Another reason to rage against Hasbro. This game was pretty hot when it came out and then Hasbro just let it die. Which reminds me...

I feel like Level 99 has kind of abandoned BattleCon to instead focus more on their Exceed card game. Both are games that are made to emulate 2d video game fighting games, but I think BattleCon was actually the better designed of the two.

That said, it isn't like there wasn't a TON of stuff for the game... I just still could have wanted more for it. (I have the two giant box version with every character ever released for it and I love it).

I really enjoyed the dual starship/ground combat games Full Thrust and Dirtside. Compatible and flexible. We played the shit out of them for maybe a year at the FLGS and then *poof* Kayser Soze.

Last edited:
Well, there's the game that my avatar is from, Shadowfist, and it was a sad lingering death. It honestly started dying right after the first expansion and lost any attention it had from the CCG scene, and when it started trading owners like socks. Finally died with a whimper when a Kickstarter for a new expansion fell just short. Some Spanish company owns the pieces.

Ground Zero Games is still around as are their games Star Grunt, Dirt Side, and Full Thrust. They just never really made it in the distribution / game shop market.
Yeah, I'm a big fan of those and they're still going pretty strong (considering they're not GW). GZG makes nice minis for the games.
I managed to find the printed rules at a game shop in Portland, OR... but nowadays they're all free PDFs on the GZG website... though there is a nice German starter box I've seen advertised:

Banner: The best cosmic horror & Cthulhu Mythos @ DriveThruRPG.com
Back