Games Workshop in General

Best Selling RPGs - Available Now @ DriveThruRPG.com
That is absolutely amazing.

I wish Skaven were good in AoS. Like, they worked them into the lore even. Are we waiting on a re-imagining or what?

They were good when their army book came out, but have gotten nerfed hard since. Interestingly, they eem to be one of the few factions almost completely unchanged by the switch to AoS so yeah, I imagine at some point we're going to see a reimagining.

Tristram, any thoughts on Mantic's Veer-Myn?

The models are middling to bad, with a few good exceptions. I personally don't like the aesthetics at all, I think they are the equivalent of GW's monkeyrat phase but in this case more like dog-rats.

In regards to how they play in Kings of War - not bad, pretty competitive. They have a unique identity, and most of the units work well together, with only one or two that are ill-concieved. Unfortunately, they've dropped a lot of the 1:1 Skaven proxies, so you can no longer field your plague monks, and Rat Ogres (Brutes in manticspeak)despite still existing in the fluff, can only be fielded as an individual model for a character bodyguard.

They were good when their ary book came out, but have gotten nerfed hard since. Interestingly, they eem to be one of the few factions almost completely unchanged by the switch to AoS so yeah, I imagine at some point we're going to see a reimagining.
Yeah, I remember being quite pleased that they came through unscathed.

I don't know what they could do with them, really, besides fixing the sculpts that look like ass.

Yeah, I remember being quite pleased that they came through unscathed.

I don't know what they could do with them, really, besides fixing the sculpts that look like ass.

I assume , like the other factions, the clans are evetually going to be split up and made into their own little factions. Based on the few models released since AoS dropped, like the Deathrunners, I think it's likely we'll see their aesthetic changed from medieval to something more tribal, with the steampunk elements for Skryre exaggerated like the Dwarves.

games-workshop.com has the Saturday releases going live on the New Zealand store right now. With Dominion on pre-order, the site is taking an absolute hammering.

Quite like the new orcs.

Banner: The best cosmic horror & Cthulhu Mythos @ DriveThruRPG.com
Back