How did you end up here?

Best Selling RPGs - Available Now @ DriveThruRPG.com
Same username and profile pic, plus context (quit/was driven out of the Site over politics; is mentioning politics here).

To be fair, I've been using the same username and profile for--what?--the past 25 years-or-so?

If it's magic, it's certainly the ritual kind! :smile:

Edit: I didn't want to double-post but I forgot my manners and didn't say a big "Thank you!" to V VisionStorm for taking the effort to point me over to this site. I received the email but couldn't sign on to the other site as I had deleted the username/pw in my password manager. Again, though, thanks.

Last edited:
I'm a long-time forum-goer who still prefers this web format in comparison to Discord and social media. I've known about the Pub for a while after it being recommended by someone, but I registered an account recently.

I've been playing ttrpgs for a good long while now, and like so many others in the hobby I focus mostly on D&D and its various Editions. I do like other systems such as Powered by the Apocalypse and Storyteller/Storypath. Currently I'm running a moderately modified Curse of Strahd campaign that's been going on for half a year now.

My big passion lately has been writing reviews of various books that catch my fancy, particularly indie and third-party stuff that tends to go unnoticed by the wider gaming sphere. There's still an emphasis on D&D OGL and retroclone stuff as is my prerogative, but it feels nice to showcase a book that struggles to sell 100 copies in comparison to WotC and Paizo stuff that's guaranteed to get thousands of customers.

My big passion lately has been writing reviews of various books that catch my fancy, particularly indie and third-party stuff that tends to go unnoticed by the wider gaming sphere. There's still an emphasis on D&D OGL and retroclone stuff as is my prerogative, but it feels nice to showcase a book that struggles to sell 100 copies in comparison to WotC and Paizo stuff that's guaranteed to get thousands of customers.
I hope you'll start posting reviews on this site; we can always use more. Especially of materials like that.

Randomly ran across a link to the site while scrubbing through the web for table-top stuff. I've been lurking for a few weeks now but registered today. I've been gaming across multiple platforms (table-top, PC, consoles) since the early 80s.

Hello there!

I was trying to understand this 4D stuff from YouTube and came across threads here, which were helpful context :grin:. I've since lurked on a few other threads and found some helpful information.

I've been playing TTRPGs for a few years, running a 5E table for a year, but interested in expanding my own skillset and helping my group explore other systems and ideas. Also have a background in improv theatre, filmmaking, and visual art that I try to employ in my games as a player and runner. Currently interested in more bare bones systems and collaborative worldbuilding.

Welcome, inckeeper inckeeper! If you like the vibe here, you might also like Randomworlds, my friendly TTRPG Discord chatroom (link in signature). Stop by any time! :smile:

Hello there!

I was trying to understand this 4D stuff from YouTube and came across threads here, which were helpful context :grin:. I've since lurked on a few other threads and found some helpful information.

I've been playing TTRPGs for a few years, running a 5E table for a year, but interested in expanding my own skillset and helping my group explore other systems and ideas. Also have a background in improv theatre, filmmaking, and visual art that I try to employ in my games as a player and runner. Currently interested in more bare bones systems and collaborative worldbuilding.
Welcome to the Pub:thumbsup:! We like quite a lot bare bones systems here, and there are fans of cooperative worldbuilding as well, so you're at the right place:grin:!

Welcome! Believe you will find a whole range of styles here and plenty of help on bare bones systems (personally believe D&D 5e and the like are about as corpulent as you can get) and world building ideas.

Banner: The best cosmic horror & Cthulhu Mythos @ DriveThruRPG.com
Back