Masters of the Universe (by CMON)

Best Selling RPGs - Available Now @ DriveThruRPG.com
Wait, the Ghostbusters Zombicide is already over? I never even saw notice it was available!
I can’t seem to find out where when or how one could have acquired those. Either they were part of the pledge manager for Zombicide modern 2e or only available at some in-person event, maybe?

posted on cmon's Facebook... looks like they are coming Oct 5th

cmon gb.JPG

I broke down and pledged $1 at the last moment, so that if I find myself with a windfall sometime in the next few months, I can upgrade in the Pledge Manager.

EDIT: The game looks good but not great, but the sheer weight of plastic and the possibilities for running Savage Masters of the Universe may be compelling ...

Last edited:
I broke down and pledged $1 at the last moment, so that if I find myself with a windfall sometime in the next few months, I can upgrade in the Pledge Manager.

EDIT: The game looks good but not great, but the sheer weight of plastic and the possibilities for running Savage Masters of the Universe may be compelling ...
Same here: I’ll be playing the coop mode and using these minis for an ultimate Savage Worlds campaign some day.

1$ for now, will be saving up carefully over the next few months.

I really hope that they unlock the Sorceress. My favorite character of the series (and one of my earliest crushes)…

oh, and speak of the devil...

unnamed.jpg

Yeah really hoping that this one will get unlocked. We only have about an hour or two left to gather 50k. I doubt we'll make it, unless they toss her in as a freebie...

CMON will count pledges after the campaign towards the final stretch goals, so I wouldn't worry

Is the Sorceress the one who Man-at-Arms got it on with? I’m trying to remember the lore.

Is the Sorceress the one who Man-at-Arms got it on with? I’m trying to remember the lore.

It was heavily implied but never outright stated. She gave Duncan her daughter to raise until it was time for her to assume the role of sorceress.

The Sorceress had a relationship with someone in most canons, since she gave birth to Teela, but who it was has never been known. Filmation and other vintage material kept it a complete obscurity; I tend to think her husband died in the first Horde scouting raid that pushed Teela'na to find Caste Grayskull, and she was already pregnant with Teela when she became the Sorceress. 200X said it was an amnesiac soldier during the Great Unrest when she was taking some time away from Castle Grayskull, who eventually recovered his memory and returned to his unit. They dropped some hints that it might have been Fisto, who was established as Man-at-Arms' brother in that continuity and who has some 'missing time' around the same time . Classics decided to revive the 'Teela as clone-daughter of the Sorceress created by Skeletor' from the 1983 wave of mini-comics, one of many questionable decisions for the canon of a line that didn't really need a canon anyway. :smile:

Sorceress unlocked, looks like there's another one -

unnamed (1).jpg

Is that a missile launcher strapped to his neck?

Whoo! Campaign concluded! The Sorceress is included, we get a nice box and Fisto will Fist the night away!

Obligatory:

It's really odd that they put that accessory on the model, as none of use used it as kids. The Sorceress didn't have it in falcon form in the cartoon!

It's really odd that they put that accessory on the model, as none of use used it as kids. The Sorceress didn't have it in falcon form in the cartoon!

The license was based on fidelity to the vintage toys, although they apparently had some wiggle room (such as giving Man-at-Arms his moustache).

Battle Cat was a repurposed and repainted tiger from the Big Jim line. I wonder if Zoar was also recycled.

These aren’t all fresh new sculpts???

Yeah I chickened out. 88$ CAD is a bit much right now (saving up for the Pledge Manager for Masters of the Universe).

I hear you. I've had the I Have The Power pledge, the Ghostbusters bundle, and start of the month Patreon all hit me this week. I gotta let the ol' hobby budget cool down for a bit.

According to the latest update, CMON is aiming to launch the Pledge manager by the end of November.

I'm pleased that I'll have saved up enough by then to get the core game + 2 or 3 expansions (the Horde, the Rebellion and maaaaaybe the Snakemen).

I'm splitting my special savings pool between these and the Resident evil board game that just concluded.

Trying my best to forget about it, as it's going to be a long time before delivery, even if there isn't a delay, and I expect one.

Kevin Smith might be on Season Five (God help us) of Revelations before this ships.

You might want to up the Snake Men in priority, as that's only going to be available through the Kickstarter.
Yeah I know it's exclusive and all but I'm not really sold on it. I was more attached to the cartoons and the immediate related toys than the Snake men, honestly.

AND I need to save a bit of money. Once these two Kickstarters (MOTU and Rresident evil) are paid thru the Pledge manager, I'm saving up for a new PC (mine's 5-6 years old!).

Since the Pledge manager isn't coming out on time (a recent update said "before the end of November"), is anyone else changing their plans on what they'll get from this campaign?

Since I've had extra time to save up, I will likely get the Snakemen expansion after all. That rounds me up to roughly 300 USD, which I've saved up for.

I'm all in. I figure no point in getting anything if I don't get everything, I'll just regret it later

I'm all in. I figure no point in getting anything if I don't get everything, I'll just regret it later
I admit that's crossed my mind. Trouble is that I'm juggling my savings between this, the Resident Evil game and the upcoming Vaesen Brit book (potentially).

I DO want that Castle Greyskull though...

I’m debating going up to the full cosmetic all in, especially after getting someone’s Resident Evil 2 game on eBay and finding they had thrown in some 3D printed embellishments.

I admit that's crossed my mind. Trouble is that I'm juggling my savings between this, the Resident Evil game and the upcoming Vaesen Brit book (potentially).

I DO want that Castle Greyskull though...

I've been really restrained in my spending this year. Only 2 other Kickstarters, and one was just like a $20 card game

I've been really restrained in my spending this year. Only 2 other Kickstarters, and one was just like a $20 card game
I've basically been avoiding making any stupid expenses, instead putting aside a set amount of cash aside in a savings account. Actually SEEING the money (rather than blindly charging things on credit) has made me a lot more restrained.

Since all of these Kickstarters have been delayed for MONTHS, I've been saving a whole lot without impacting my usual finances. Both MotU and Resident Evil were only 1$ pledges.

Banner: The best cosmic horror & Cthulhu Mythos @ DriveThruRPG.com
Back