Moderation Discussion Thread of 2024

Best Selling RPGs - Available Now @ DriveThruRPG.com
I'll eat any type of pizza just no anchovies. I even like plain cheese. Could eat pizza 3 times a day every day. It is the perfect food. Except Lou Malnottis. That stuff's crap.

You more of an Uno or Giordano's fan?

Be sure to check out Games Plus while you’re here if you have the time. It’s in a suburb outside the city.

Games Plus
101 W Prospect Ave
Mount Prospect, IL 60056
United States

This is excellent advice. Although there are other game stores much closer to me, once I started going to Games Plus, it wasn't long before I switched to only going to Games Plus because it's so much better than the other stores.

For what it is worth I’m not trying to be a dick toward Nakana Nakana , I just honestly don’t understand why GMs who fudge aren’t open to the idea of admitting that to their players in session zero or when they are organizing the game. I have nothing against anyone that posts on this site and my frustration at not getting an answer has led me to probably be more aggressive or sarcastic than is appropriate. I will try to be better about that.

Pepe's Pizza aka The Frank Pepe Pizzaria in New Haven, CT, ruined all other pizza for me.

I think I've always been blessed in that I like pizza fine but I don't love pizza. So even a really really good pizza doesn't ruin my opinion of lesser pizza.

Sushi on the other hand... I haven't had sushi since the last time I went to Tokyo cause after going to Tokyo, nothing in the states is worth it.

Exactly. These declarations about lasagna being a triple decker pizza make my eyes hurt, in the way my ears hurt when my wife suggests you can substitute ketchup for tomato sauce on pasta and it's "no different". Pasta and pizza dough use totally different kinds of flour and one is leavened and the other isn't. It is like stacking up matzo, dousing it in hershey's syrup and calling it chocolate cake

Exactly. These declarations about lasagna being a triple decker pizza make my eyes hurt, in the way my ears hurt when my wife suggests you can substitute ketchup for tomato sauce on pasta and it's "no different". Pasta and pizza dough use totally different kinds of flour and one is leavened and the other isn't. It is like stacking up matzo, dousing it in hershey's syrup and calling it chocolate cake
I think you win The Golden Geedis for "Most Pub Post at the Pub" this year
51398729461_aa4324e9b8_c.jpg

/*Scribles furiously for upcoming Chicago visit*/

"Except Lou Malnottis. That stuff's" crap.
/*exclamation point! Double underline!!*/

This thread has gone so off topic that oddly for a second there I thought you were saying Magnotta, the Canadian internet 'influencer' turned RL cannibal.

giphy.gif

I had anchovies for the first time last year and am regretting not trying them earlier.

Anchovies get a bad reputation but they really aren't bad at all. I think people expect them to be very fishy. Now scallop and cod pizza, those are gross (unless you like ammonia scent with your cheese). But anchovies taste good

Also pineapple is just a distraction so we don't notice the crust, sauce and cheese. Nothing wrong with pineapple in a pizza, but there is something wrong with dry milk powder in the crust and bad cheese. If the crust is thick and buttery, being cut with a two handled blade that looks like a machete, it isn't a proper pizza.

Also pineapple is just a distraction so we don't notice the crust, sauce and cheese. Nothing wrong with pineapple in a pizza, but there is something wrong with dry milk powder in the crust and bad cheese. If the crust is thick and buttery, being cut with a two handled blade that looks like a machete, it isn't a proper pizza.
I remember a news item in my youth, long lost in the west, wherein a guy went to rob a pizzaria with a ten inch knife.

When I was in my late teens, I worked at a fast Japanese food place (kind of a thing in the Southwest) that was in a strip mall, which also had a gun store and a liquor store. One day, someone tried to rob the liquor store, but then someone from the gun store came in and killed the robber. Pretty typical shit in Arizona tbh.

Last edited:
No one told me there was a pizza conversation happening. Most of our RPG group is heading out for pizza this Friday -- there is a place in Melbourne that does deep dish, as well as Detroit and New York style pizza. Now, New York pizza is basically just Australian pizza with most of the toppings missing, but deep dish doesn't really exist here, so it should be interesting.

I was a bit skeptical of the whole concept of Detroit pizza, but my Red Wing contacts tell me it is actually a thing, so I'm looking forward to trying it as well.

Coincidentally, I also made myself a pizza on the weekend. It was the best self-made pizza I've had in as long as I can remember. Garlic and herb base, pizza-style tomato paste, lots of cheese top and bottom, shredded ham, bacon, chorizo, onion, capsicum, jalapeno, anchovies, pineapple.

There is literally nothing about that trophy that isn't deeply sus.
I thought that sus == ass at first viewing. And you know... first viewing might have been correct.
Fish comes in one flavour. Cod. And that has to be fried in batter. Anything else is smells like meat found in the gents.
iu

Banner: The best cosmic horror & Cthulhu Mythos @ DriveThruRPG.com
Back