New Member Introductions

Best Selling RPGs - Available Now @ DriveThruRPG.com
I've lived a fairly active life, martial arts for decades, was a fireman, played tons of sports etc. Hitting 50 was like all the lights on the dashboard came on all at once.
Wait till you hit sixty, then you start blowing smoke, leaking fluids and parts start falling off.

Actually the B12 and not taking it at the same time as Vitamin C is a thing. I'm starting on B12 myself due to the PPI I'm taking which can impede the absorption of B12 and lead to early signs of Dementia being misdiagnosed. As to what happens? Not sure. It could be like crossing the streams in Ghostbusters or that neither are absorbed. ::shrugs::

Thanks. I will start taking my vitamin C later

Thanks. I will start taking my vitamin C later
If your needing to take those, you also might check with your physician as to whether your need vitamin D as well. If so, Magnesium is a good one to take with vitamin D, it helps the vitamin D absorb better. One thing, I guess the magnesium interferes with the Iron absorption, so I know take that in the morning with my breakfast. Love all the juggling of these vitamins and medications. Need a fucking flowchart I swear.

If your needing to take those, you also might check with your physician as to whether your need vitamin D as well. If so, Magnesium is a good one to take with vitamin D, it helps the vitamin D absorb better. One thing, I guess the magnesium interferes with the Iron absorption, so I know take that in the morning with my breakfast. Love all the juggling of these vitamins and medications. Need a fucking flowchart I swear.
I can sympathize with needing a flowcharts for meds. I’m already on vitamin D (normal dosage) though not magnesium. Yeah, I had GI surgery (Half-Nissan) in the past and because of that sometimes my iron isn’t where it needs to be. But at least that problem, when it occurs, is easy to fix.

New member!
50+ (so I get what y’all are saying)

RPGs of interest: D&D Rules Cyclopedia (aka “Classic” D&D), Traveller (1981), Marvel Super Heroes (FASERIP, 1985), Crimefighters! (Dragon magazine), Gamma World, Top Secret SI, AD&D (aka 1e), HeroQuest (new release)

Other games: Ogre/GEV, Risk (and variants— lots of variants), Warmaster, Wings of Glory, Star Wars X-wing— and lots of other board games. Lots and lots of board games.

I also dabble in game design— you can read about games I like and games I make at my blog: Parzival’s Place

Look forward to engaging in the discussion here!

New member!

RPGs of interest: D&D Rules Cyclopedia (aka “Classic” D&D), Traveller (1981), Marvel Super Heroes (FASERIP, 1985), Crimefighters! (Dragon magazine), Gamma World, Top Secret SI, AD&D (aka 1e), HeroQuest (new release)

Other games: Ogre/GEV, Risk (and variants— lots of variants), Warmaster, Wings of Glory, Star Wars X-wing— and lots of other board games. Lots and lots of board games.

I also dabble in game design— you can read about games I like and games I make at my blog: Parzival’s Place

Welcome, Parzival! If you like the Pub, please feel free to check out Randomworlds, my friendly TTRPG Discord server (see signature line). Very similar vibe. :smile:

I've lived a fairly active life, martial arts for decades, was a fireman, played tons of sports etc. Hitting 50 was like all the lights on the dashboard came on all at once.
Yep. I tell people to just jump from 49 to 60. My fifties have been the worst advertisement for a decade ever (and for veganism too, which I adopted early in them--and one reason why I never preach it.) A full year of pulmonary TB and now chemo (for thankfully low stage CRC). What's weird is I have two very distinct groups of people in my life. Those who think "Dave never gets sick" and those who immediately associate me with the kinds of illness that are meat (mostly unitentional) for 19th century novels and more modern media respectively.

And welcome Parzival Parzival to the best RPG forum around, complete with all of the thread drift you never thought you could appreciate.

New member!

Welcome to the Pub! Oh you play Ogre/GEV? Have you gotten into their latest version of Ogre?

Welcome Parzival! I have been reading a lot of Classic Traveller scenarios the last year or so though I have only played once. Very cool! And OGRE? Wow, I played that a lot years back. I need to reacquaint myself…

Banner: The best cosmic horror & Cthulhu Mythos @ DriveThruRPG.com
Back