RPG Lite System - 'ODDS'

Best Selling RPGs - Available Now @ DriveThruRPG.com

Jonathan Hicks

Active Pubber
Reaction score
Hi all - I've created a simple RPG system that I'm giving away for free to get some feedback on it, and I've released a couple of adventures for it.

It's called 'To The Stars, Stellar Cadets!', based on the pulp science fiction adventure serials from the 1930s through to the 1950s. I found some free images on the internet and decided to have a go at designing a game that incorporated those images, as well as use it to test out my single die ODDS System.

The whole thing is available here:

https://farsightblogger.blogspot.co.uk/2017/12/the-hiding-death-another-free-adventure.html

If you have any feedback on the system then feel free.

alltilestts.png

Hi all - I've created a simple RPG system that I'm giving away for free to get some feedback on it, and I've released a couple of adventures for it.

Elegant stuff. IME this level of rules is perfect for young kids and short duration games, maybe half a dozen sessions. It's all in the play testing though. Good stuff though, can see how it will work right out of the box.

Cheers Xanther - I'm now adding a bit more detail to it and creating a whole RPG around the system. If I can retain that out-of-the-box feel you mention and add a detailed campaign setting to it, I might be able to do something with it.

Elegant stuff. IME this level of rules is perfect for young kids and short duration games, maybe half a dozen sessions. It's all in the play testing though. Good stuff though, can see how it will work right out of the box.

I agree entirely except that I don't think it's necessarily so limited in scope. A game like this is so easily house-ruled that I could imagine it evolving over long-term play. Like - oh - Fighting Fantasy, say :tongue:

The only thing that I felt like it was missing were mechanics for chases. If you're going to have vehicular combat, I think it would benefit from some chase rules. Simple abstract rules should suffice.

Also, Jonathan, I really liked the presentation. Art, layout and authorial voice all worked very nicely together. It has that vintage boy's adventure magazine vibe down.

Banner: The best cosmic horror & Cthulhu Mythos @ DriveThruRPG.com
Back