Cool Miniatures

Best Selling RPGs - Available Now @ DriveThruRPG.com
When you shared the pic I assumed it was supposed to be from the Labyrinth. They'd fit right in with the big fight in the Goblin City at the end.
cHeck out their other minis. They’re really brilliant.

Resin swords that are bent are a beast to work with, and I bet those wings are, too.

Are those GW sculpts? They look a little, um, not-current-GW style to me.

Were they too big? The figures were practically ogre. The one's you're showing are more like big orcs.

yeah, that was the issue - they were intended to be orc-sized and their stats in the game reflect this (as does the original sculpt by Jes Goodwin that got a limited promotional release later), but the sculptor misunderstood and made them ogre sized. So they were more expensive and, due to their stats, under-effective. The line wasn't very big and didn't last very long. Besides an iconic representation in HeroQuest (at their corrected scale), the life of the Fimir minis line was barely over a year. The intention was to do a revamp, but poor sales combined with the intention to refashion the game for a younger audience for 4th edition was essentially the nail in the coffin.

The Forge World Fimr are bigger too, aren't they?

They are like halfway between the two, more like the Jes Goodwin with extreme scale creep.

I have the originals comfortably on 50mm bases, the FW Fimir on 30mms.

That's from Hera Miniatures, part of their Trudvang Chronicles line.

I was suspecting--perhaps hoping would be a better term--that my son would get into wargaming vis-a-vis something like Warhammer 40,000. So I bought a 3d printer and found the "Heroes Infinite" group who produce actually gorgeous sculpts. Caveat: They do tend towards cheesecake/beefcake.

This might be my favourite thus far:

The_Void_Reaper.jpg

il_794xN.4534706133_547k.jpg

And then the Warhammer 40,000 Exodites had their inspiration. :smile:

Banner: The best cosmic horror & Cthulhu Mythos @ DriveThruRPG.com
Back