IC: Livonia's Lament (in game - July 3rd onward)

Discussion in 'Games' started by opaopajr, Jul 17, 2017.

1. AngelsAndAarakocra

AngelsAndAarakocra Member

Sanya looks at the orc and snaps at him with an amount of venom that seems to surprise herself.

"Don't be a fool. I could beat you with one arm bound."

[Intimidation Roll 8]

2. opaopajr

opaopajr Active Member

Ghraac smiles and gives you a leveled look, "Feisty, even in the face of guaranteed defeat. I like that." He holds now a predatory look at you, for an uncomfortably long time; your intimidation fell flat. But before it becomes a test of wills, as the older men tense about to decide his fate then and there, Ghraac breaks eye contact and laughs.

"'None of the pack can do as well alone.' And now I am the last of my pack." He looks back at you three, a strange animal magnetism mixed with an unspoken plea, "I am the twice damned: to the Starving Death while I still breathe without a pack, and to the Unavenged Damnation while I fail my pack's deaths in vain."

It is apparent your prisoner's bravado goes limp from physical exhaustion and a sense of failure.

[Do you have any questions/actions to anyone in this scene?]

3. AngelsAndAarakocra

Sanya goes over to Nehem and Clem. "Do you know anything about the orc's clan?"

4. opaopajr

opaopajr Active Member

Nehemiah fields your question, "Sanya, he should not even be here. Your people of this Great Basin live in a hard land. You have to get along with other peoples just to survive nature."

He looks back at Ghraac, "Orcs tend to live around the Southern Plains & Deserts far to the east, fighting for whatever is left after what local humans claimed." He sighs, "There is a lot of killing on those lands, between our Easterner Territories and your valuable mines here.

"We Easterners fought 'em in our big wars and on our travels West," adds Clem. "Great fighters, and truly scary when their packs gather into a warhorde." Spits, "One of 'em's medicine bastards cursed me as I gutted 'im, but at least the Comanche kids made it away safe..."

Nehemiah flicks Clementine's chin, "What'd I tell you 'bout language in front of ladies?"

You hear Ghraac snort, and turn to catch him finish shaking his head as he looks away.

Last edited: Nov 10, 2017
  5. AngelsAndAarakocra

"So he's the last survivor of his clan, and he managed to find his way here? That's impressive, I suppose."

6. opaopajr

opaopajr Active Member

"Well, maybe just his band or 'pack', but that's direct kin. He'd be right mad and ready for blood." Nehemiah continues, "Seems like he's got a story in him..."

"And I'm losin' daylight, Nehem!" Clementine doesn't seem too happy with his act of mercy right now. "How can I leave you with this killer badger when I got my own to fix up yonder?"

"Is your littermate rabid or just dumb? I am no badger. I am far more dangerous." Ghraac looks upset at the thought of being considered so 'harmless'.

Ol' Clem turns to you, "Sanya, it's another 4 hours to my claim. I done stupid and spared a badger's life." Shaking his head, "I can't in good stead send you off alone, or leave a fellow miner alone with a killer badger --"

"You are touched in the head, old wolf," jabs Ghraac.

"Shut yer hole!" retorts Clem. "Clem!" warns Nehemiah. "Sorry, Sanya. It goaded me," Clem apologizes.

Nehemiah finishes, "I get your fear, my man. I think I'm fine. Yet when you think you got control, that's when you lose it.

"Sanya, what say you? How you wanna deal with this?" asks Nehemiah.

7. AngelsAndAarakocra

"No matter, Clem. It may be best to stay here and set off tomorrow. Ghraac will surely become more troublesome once he's regained his strength, and if he frees himself the townsfolk would be in danger."

8. opaopajr

opaopajr Active Member

Ghraac replies, "You praise me too far, woman, but I accept the honor. No orc is a match against an entire camp gathering. We are brave, not mindless. Not like the things -- those things underground! --" he looks genuinely afraid at the memory, "-- that killed my pack."

Nehemiah takes this chance to offer more soup and ply out the orc's story. Seems like his pack moved to the Great Basin's edge to avoid a new sweep of war. But tragedy struck with strange hordes pouring forth from caves, ravaging the countryside, and then running back into the deep cowardly dark...

Ghraac recounts, "I chased them, underground in big tunnels, and above ground -- they spill out like locusts! -- then back into the earth again. I am a relentless hunter, but not even I can keep up.

"They are here. They attack and eat all things made of meat, then run away. I swear they must eat on the run, in the deep cowardly dark, for I can never find where they sleep.

"I am tired now and have killed no more than the first handful when they slaughtered my pack... Even now dreams of their howling stop my sleep. Go ahead and kill me, I failed." And with that Ghraac slumps facing away from you all, in an excuse to rest, but maybe to hide sadness, too.

Last edited: Nov 15, 2017 at 3:56 AM
  9. AngelsAndAarakocra

"What did they look like?"