Painting/Inspiration Thread

Best Selling RPGs - Available Now @ DriveThruRPG.com
On the one hand, awesome. On the other hand, a professional artist spending this much time on a single model of which the wargamer is going to need 20-60 of, deserves a smack.
Honestly that wasn't the fig I thought you'd be talking about. I'd consider that high-end table top personally. I'm probably too lazy to do it on gaunts though. You really need to give a shit to paint a whole army to that level though, and it's completely unnecessary generally, and unreasonable as well unless the mechanics of painting mean enough to someone to get that good. I've painted armies to something like that standard though, but I'll admit that was when I was working at an FLGS and essentially getting paid to paint.

Honestly that wasn't the fig I thought you'd be talking about. I'd consider that high-end table top personally. I'm probably too lazy to do it on gaunts though. You really need to give a shit to paint a whole army to that level though, and it's completely unnecessary generally, and unreasonable as well unless the mechanics of painting mean enough to someone to get that good. I've painted armies to something like that standard though, but I'll admit that was when I was working at an FLGS and essentially getting paid to paint.
The Screamer-Killer is amazing, but it's a large center-piece model, it's at least feasible that could be an actual tabletop model. Doing blending on a Gaunt is like Gordon Ramsey going crazy with a 20-minute video on making a Ham Sandwich - we get it, you're good. :devil:

God level lighting effect. I think he went overboard a little bit with the pauldron damage, but still awesome. I have a crapload of BT I want to paint up, but deciding on what to use for the white is kicking my ass.
White is tough. Personally I like parchment tones as the shadows on the white for Templars, but there are lots of great looks to choose from.

I really like this colour scheme variant. The blue pulls it together nicely balanced against the orange on the base.

1690306457463.png

Every once in a while I get surprised by a mini that I have no fucking idea what skills are being used.
Honestly, I was thinking that one was a drawing/painting. I wasn't sure it was an actual painted mini.

Every once in a while I get surprised by a mini that I have no fucking idea what skills are being used.
Yeah, I mean I understand, technically, how SENMM is produced, but mostly it doesn't end up looking like the above. Sorcery!

Usually when I see a “real artist miniature paint job”, I think they over saturate the face with reds and pinks like the knight a few pics above. This one stopped just before.
Yeah, sometimes that 'painterly' approach goes a shade too far. Part of the reason I've always like painting Orcs and Demons is that both ranges allow for a wide range of colour without getting funky.

Banner: The best cosmic horror & Cthulhu Mythos @ DriveThruRPG.com
Back