The "Ready Player One" trailer mildly freaked me out

Best Selling RPGs - Available Now @ DriveThruRPG.com
I never had hot sauce on popcorn before about a year ago. The second run theater has a lots of Latino patrons and I figured the sauce was out in the condiment section for the nachos. But lo and behold, I watched this couple squirt it on their buttered popcorn and I was intrigued. I love hot sauce and I love popcorn, so what the hell. OMG. Super tasty. The popcorn melts under the sauce assault and you get this wonderful calorie free mess of fire, butter and goop.

It's practically health food.
Riiiight

Wow, this film is getting positively trashed in reviews. I've read about a half dozen reviews today, and not a single one was positive.

RPO is 78% on Rotten, but when critics don't like this movie, the reviews are pretty vicious. Both the positive and negative reviews confirm my concerns - its a very glitzy CGI movie that doesn't address the hard questions of an e-dystopia where impoverished people flee into VR for meaning in their lives. The action scenes and the gazillion cameos look like fun. Rather surprised this isn't a summer movie.

I hope my local cheapo theater will have a double feature of RPO and Pacific Rim2 in June.

Banner: The best cosmic horror & Cthulhu Mythos @ DriveThruRPG.com
Back