What IP/games would you like to see?

Best Selling RPGs - Available Now @ DriveThruRPG.com
Haven't seen Ladyhawke since I was a kid.

Endless Flight is too busy planning the memorial ceremony for Mayfair Games. Give the man some time to grieve before he gets back on the job.

So true. I have been thumbing through my DCH books the last few days like I lost my favorite game. But I didn't! The books are still there. Regardless, Mayfair has my gratitude for their work. When I saw DCH in the store when I was a kid, my eyes lit up. I couldn't believe all the goodness they packed in those boxes.

So true. I have been thumbing through my DCH books the last few days like I lost my favorite game. But I didn't! The books are still there. Regardless, Mayfair has my gratitude for their work. When I saw DCH in the store when I was a kid, my eyes lit up. I couldn't believe all the goodness they packed in those boxes.
Ah, the original box that you'd unpack and then magically not be able to fit the contents back in! Packed full of fun! My favorite boxed set is the first edition, although I use the gadget rules from the 2nd. I have nearly all the modules, I think. Even the elusive Watchmen ones.

The art in the first edition box cannot be beat. Jose Luis-Garcia Lopez did the style guide for DC in the early 80s and Mayfair used a bunch of that. You can still see that art everywhere, on t-shirts, glasses, etc.

The art in the first edition box cannot be beat. Jose Luis-Garcia Lopez did the style guide for DC in the early 80s and Mayfair used a bunch of that. You can still see that art everywhere, on t-shirts, glasses, etc.
Yeah, the art used in subsequent editions was wholly inferior across the board. Too much use of trendy illustrations from The Church of What's Happenin' Now rather than classic versions of classic characters. The George Pérez cover on 1st edition's box hit all the right notes with the classic big shots like Superman and the Justice League well represented, plus the New Teen Titans there to appeal to the youngsters.

I almost want to try this
police_academy.jpg
with this
51A7XwbiCtL._SX366_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg
by adding Brownie Points from Ghostbusters, just to see what would happen...

No, I didn't even know there was a book.

Obviously we need Captain EO: The Roleplaying Game:
anigif_enhanced-buzz-435-1390315698-2.gif

That was filmed right near my place The bookstore still exists and I walk by the street where he chases the bullies on Falcor at the end of the film weekly
The ambiguity of the English language makes me want to interpret your sentence to mean that there is a weekly reenactment of the chasing of the bullies.

The ambiguity of the English language makes me want to interpret your sentence to mean that there is a weekly reenactment of the chasing of the bullies.
Aw, don't blame a whole language, it's just his (probably hasty) phrasing and placement of the adjective at the end of the sentence. "Every week I walk by" or "Weekly, I walk by" would have been clearer.

Or maybe they really do perform reenactments of the chase on a weekly schedule.

To get back on topic......

I'd like to see a Sonic the Hedgehog RPG. You could give all those DeviantArt kids an outlet for their Sonic Recolors and OC's. (Yeah, I know there's that Sonic Forces video game, but still....)

A while back I actually attempted to make an OSR D&D clone based loosely on Sonic the Hedgehog as well as the infamous memes of Sonic Fan Characters and Sonic AU Fan Fiction, and I originally titled it "Blue Box" (I did not know at the time that Blue Box was also a nickname for Holmes Basic) but I got distracted by a really bad case of Gamer ADHD and the project was abandoned.

Maybe I could resume that project under a different name? I'd probably call it "Sonic Chivalry", "Hedgehogs & Heroes", or something along those lines.

Last edited:
Theres a sonic miniatures game kickstarter I saw recently.

I'd like a game designed by the combined artistic minds of Brian Froud, Tony DiTerlizzi and Yoshitaka Amano.

Also a game inspired by the works and worlds of Hayao Miyazaki. Tall order, for sure.

I do NOT want an rpg set in the Expanse. I love the books and the show (except the Belter accents which sound laughable), but setting the game a year after the first book - and not having access to the tv show? :rolleyes:

Those marvel movies seem popular, perhaps someone should get the license for them :grin:

I do NOT want an rpg set in the Expanse. I love the books and the show (except the Belter accents which sound laughable), but setting the game a year after the first book - and not having access to the tv show? :rolleyes:

Probably for the best. The Expanse's big schtick might be the no-FTL, Solar-system-only Traveller. As the series progresses it becomes more interstellar and space-operatic.

I also have little doubt there will be supplements for
plying the nascent interstellar trade, holding the line in meteor-hammered Earth and waging war against the Laconians at Holden & pals' behest.

separate from what?
The current edition is based on a separate ruleset. I dont know if that requires me to buy it, as was the case the Traveller. But I want a completely self contained Dredd game with rules unique to and appropriate to the setting. Aside from the GW version that has not been the case with every edition.

I just don't like separate rules and setting books. There are, as there always are, exceptions. Dredd isn't one of them.
Other than that, and the things I mentioned besides, TravDredd was ok.

Apparently there's an unofficial one, but...

B7-Logo1.jpg

Apparently there's an unofficial one, but...

B7-Logo1.jpg

I downloaded the unofficial one but found it would be simpler just to use Traveller and the program guide from yesteryear.
41BD0TocYjL._BO1,204,203,200_.jpg
I would absolutely love a good Blakes 7 RPG!
hi001900532.jpg

As opposed to a game derived from just Robert E. Howard stories, I'd like to see one using material solely from the Marvel comics and magazines:
688477.jpg latest.jpg
latest-4.jpg

(With rules written from the ground up to emulate the genre and setting.)

(I half-assedly wrote most of one once called The World of Aard , but it sucked and I was never satisfied with the results.:crap: I still have a PDF of it on the PC I almost never use...it's chock full of copyrighted artwork. :hehe:)

Last edited:
I downloaded the unofficial one but found it would be simpler just to use Traveller and the program guide from yesteryear.
View attachment 909
I would absolutely love a good Blakes 7 RPG!
View attachment 908
In all honesty, I'm not entirely sure what would make it stand out. Cally was a psychic, but i can't recall if that was native to her people (who got wiped out anyway). Perhaps you could play a temperamental supercomputer? A spineless ship AI? :grin:

As opposed to a game derived from just Robert E. Howard stories, I'd like to see one using material solely from the Marvel comics and magazines:
View attachment 919 View attachment 920
View attachment 921

(With rules written from the ground up to emulate the genre and setting.)

(I half-assedly wrote most of one once called The World of Aard , but it sucked and I was never satisfied with the results.:crap: I still have a PDF of it on the PC I almost never use...it's chock full of copyrighted artwork. :hehe:)
Weren't the comics adaptations of the stories?

Weren't the comics adaptations of the stories?

They were much more than that. Marvel's Conan ran for almost 300 issues and evolved into its own thing, including the creation of Red Sonja that Dumarest references. The writer, Roy Thomas, needed a female companion for Conan in between the raven-haired Belit of Conan's youth and the Blonde Valeria of his later life, and so borrowed the name of a female pirate from one of Howard's stories to create the redheaded She-Devil with a Sword.

The character of Conan evolved into something much more complex than Howard's stories had room for. Some disliked it, seeing it as too far removed from the Howard character (and quite a bit more "heroic"), but those were my primary source for the character besides the Schwarzenegger film (which, after reading the REH collections, I think was a better adaption of the comics than the original stories anyways).

I thought TSR's Conan game did a good job of capturing the Roy Thomas era.

Banner: The best cosmic horror & Cthulhu Mythos @ DriveThruRPG.com
Back