Diplomacy. Come on you know you want your friendship with me to end.

Best Selling RPGs - Available Now @ DriveThruRPG.com
Hell, yeah. My parents used to host Diplomacy dinner parties when I was a kid on nights when their DM was taking a break, and I could weasel my way into them sometimes when I was 11. I've only ever gotten a couple of games in since then.

I still have their old copy, so I look forward to having an excuse to break it out.

I look forward to hating both of you!

I sense this doesn't play well with less than max players. Do you all feel that is correct?

I sense this doesn't play well with less than max players. Do you all feel that is correct?
Yeah, we do not have enough recruits for a game yet. Let me see if I can bring in some people from outside the forum.

Yeah, we do not have enough recruits for a game yet. Let me see if I can bring in some people from outside the forum.
Well it's that or we head over to one of the dedicated sites for it and see if we can get a semi private game going. I'm open to either.

Well it's that or we head over to one of the dedicated sites for it and see if we can get a semi private game going. I'm open to either.
Whatever gets us players. I'm not picky.

I'd be interested depending on how often we need to post and whether any countries are left.

I'd be interested depending on how often we need to post and whether any countries are left.
We haven't even started. Looking to have a full seven before starting if possible.

Look it's only been a year and a half since i first proposed this. Who's still interested ?

I now have a copy of Diplomacy to play with. However I will suck at it so take that into consideration.

I've never played. This is a bucket list game that I want to try.

What is the methodology you are planning? Post an image of the board (like so) and update it when we make moves? And are we choosing countries or rolling randomly? For that last question, I withdraw it if the rules state how the countries are parcelled out--I don't think I've played Diplomacy in at least 2 decades so I don't remember. I have it at home, though.
1495505338474.png

What is the methodology you are planning? Post an image of the board (like so) and update it when we make moves? And are we choosing countries or rolling randomly? For that last question, I withdraw it if the rules state how the countries are parcelled out--I don't think I've played Diplomacy in at least 2 decades so I don't remember. I have it at home, though.
Pulled out my old copy and despite having many age-browned order sheets from past games, I only have the one-page rules summary.

Yeah, what's the expected posting pace?

Yeah, what's the expected posting pace?

I'm guessing people would like the game to be speedy but not all consuming so 1-2 years per week for a total play time between 1-2 months. Never done it before but that's what I see suggested.

I've never played Diplomacy itself, but I have played the games heavily inspired by it (such as Game of Thrones 2nd Ed) - i'm interested.

A big part of our Diplomacy games was sneaking in alternate orders for rival countries... with the lead line 'These orders are to supersede any and all others submitted for Austria Hungary'.

Also, how will you arrange for someone to flip the table over in anger?

Last edited:
I've never played Diplomacy itself, but I have played the games heavily inspired by it (such as Game of Thrones 2nd Ed) - i'm interested.
That makes six.
A big part of our Diplomacy games was sneaking in alternate orders for rival countries... with the lead line 'These orders are to supersede any and all others submitted for Austria Hungary'.

Also, how will you allow for someone to flip the table over in anger?
<iframe src="https://giphy.com/embed/Pch8FiF08bc1G" width="480" height="340" frameBorder="0" class="giphy-embed" allowFullScreen>
via GIPHY
Does that make seven? Do we have a quorum?

Didn't see this earlier. I'm interested. There are several online systems for submitting rules so no one has to go through orders.

Didn't see this earlier. I'm interested. There are several online systems for submitting rules so no one has to go through orders.
Maybe you can post the links in case we need to use one?

I think we're back up to seven if Voros Voros is in. You guys know he's a ringer feigning lack of experience with Diplomacy, right? From the chatter I hear in the underworld, he's already sending PMs to everyone and plotting against me.

I think we're back up to seven if Voros Voros is in. You guys know he's a ringer feigning lack of experience with Diplomacy, right? From the chatter I hear in the underworld, he's already sending PMs to everyone and plotting against me.
Whistling.

The old trick of claiming that your sockpuppet Voros is plotting against you so all your real enemies decide to conspire with him, tipping you off in the process.I'm not falling for that one again.

Banner: The best cosmic horror & Cthulhu Mythos @ DriveThruRPG.com
Back