Diplomacy. Come on you know you want your friendship with me to end.

Best Selling RPGs - Available Now @ DriveThruRPG.com
Well, let me know when we start so I can refresh myself on the rules. I honestly couldn't quote a single rule right now. I just remember plastic anchors representing fleets, plastic stars representing armies, and writing down moves in secret.

Last edited:
Oh shit! This is happening.
Now I need to reread the rules and find a site to host our game.

Anyone have experience here?
Playdiplomacyonline.com

Oh shit! This is happening.
Now I need to reread the rules and find a site to host our game.

Anyone have experience here?
Playdiplomacyonline.com

It's been so long since I looked into diplomacy that all the sites look alike. As long as you can submit orders and it shows a map with the current state, it should be ok. That one and the one linked below seem to be the most popular.

https://webdiplomacy.net/

It's been so long since I looked into diplomacy that all the sites look alike. As long as you can submit orders and it shows a map with the current state, it should be ok. That one and the one linked below seem to be the most popular.

https://webdiplomacy.net/
I created a game there called RPGPub #1 with a password of RPGPub for anyone to join

RPGPub all lowercase

OK you lot, I want to watch if possible. Haven't been game to use login in case I become a player and bump someone who's already meant to be playing. Does anyone know if watching is possible?

Maybe I can change settings once everyone is in

How long does it take to get your verification email? Waiting for mine...

OK you lot, I want to watch if possible. Haven't been game to use login in case I become a player and bump someone who's already meant to be playing. Does anyone know if watching is possible?
Maybe I can change settings once everyone is in
There appears to be a spectator mode where you can join a game just to watch what happens.

We're still getting the little lady situated so this might be delayed starting but hopefully not.

I'll try and sign up from my desktop as it isn't working on my tablet.

Apologies! I missed the notifications and forgot about the thread - WFH ramp up has been wild this past week. I will get registered today (waiting on the email for the account right now).

I'm in, Smith606 (surprisingly some bugger took Smith already...)

Google is saying the Diplomacy site had a data breach and I need to reset my pw. Let me give it one more try otherwise proceed without me.

As I have never played and never played with the site were using I am unsure how countries will be picked. Should we roll d20's and highest picks first assuming the game doesn't decide for us.

Having all the kids home all the time with my wife has been much busier than I expected. Wife wants projects done and kids want more attention from me than usual. I think we're all going to have an odd couple weeks/months. Hopefully bwe at least just get a better idea how to play a game online.

I have also never played! How do we tell which country is who?

I'm only showing 6 players: Voros, Lockjaw, KiltedRob, Smith606, Dumarest, and Stan .

Are we waiting on someone?

You are waiting on me. I will be home late tonight and able to sign up.

I actually have no idea how it assigns country if at all. I propose we each roll a d20. Whoever rolls highest picks first.
I rolled a 2.

Rereading the rules I strongly suspect we will be given randomly assigned countries.

Banner: The best cosmic horror & Cthulhu Mythos @ DriveThruRPG.com
Back