Diplomacy. Come on you know you want your friendship with me to end.

Best Selling RPGs - Available Now @ DriveThruRPG.com
Okay, I'm in as Baulderstone.

Just to add, it did auto-assign countries as soon as I joined. I have Russia.

Greetings and salutations from His Royal Highness Edward VII, King of the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Ireland and Emperor of India!

5-1901.jpg

Edit: made some moves, hope I didn't eff myself by misremembering the rules...

Last edited:
Just a reminder, we have until Tuesday morning to get moves in. You may not want to lock yourself in too early.

How exactly do we earn new units? I am assuming the Supply Centres are vital to this.

How exactly do we earn new units? I am assuming the Supply Centres are vital to this.
"After the Fall move and the subsequent Retreat Phase, and before the next year begins, a tally is made of the total number of supply centers controlled by each Power. A Power controls a supply center if (1) it has a unit (army or fleet) occupying the province with that supply center or (2) the province with the supply center is unoccupied and the Power was the last to occupy that province at the end of a year. Each supply center can support one military unit, so Powers that have gained supply centers over the course of the year can build new units. New units may be created at any of the player's unoccupied home supply centers, but only at these centers, and at most one unit per center. For this reason, no more than 3 new units per player can ever be created at a time (except in the case of Russia, which has 4 home supply centers)."

I'll re-read the rules from my Diplomacy set, I recall them being quite simple.

just a heads up: Italy, France and Russia have no orders in (ready or submitted) which I think would translate into 0 movement come the next phase.

just a heads up: Italy, France and Russia have no orders in (ready or submitted) which I think would translate into 0 movement come the next phase.
Thanks. I was holding off a little on putting in orders, but I as we can change them, I have put some in, just in case something should distract me from getting orders in tonight.

Thanks, I hadn't realize the game had went live.

I thought we had til Tues to put in orders? My orders are in!

I thought we had til Tues to put in orders? My orders are in!
Apologies, just wanted to make sure you had something in! My understanding was that if you at least had some orders 'saved' they would be excecuted come the deadline.

It looks the all the order were executed since everyone had submitted?

Yeah, seems to push ahead if everyone is 'ready'

Yeah, seems to push ahead if everyone is 'ready'
Yeah, that's how it works. I signed up to play another game there and you have X number of days to make a decision, but once everyone makes a decision and clicks "Ready," the game then moves to the next turn without waiting the rest of the X days. That way everyone has at least X number of days to decide, but if we all decide sooner we don't get stuck waiting for no reason.

It makes sense, especially when the game is down to 3-4 players and negotiating is largely over. I just wasn't expecting it.

Whoops, I guess I'll have to set up a system to remember to check in.

Found this map that may come in handy when planning your moves. It shows what areas are adjacent to each other by land/coast/sea and what type of unit(s) can make the move.
mapv3.png

Has anyone tried the Diplomacy variants Machiavelli, Kamakura, Colonial Diplomacy, Hundred, Ard-Rí, or Classical?

They all sound pretty cool but Machiavelli (Renaissance Italy) and Kamakura (feudal Japan) sound especially interesting to me.

Last edited:
Smith Smith I think we're just waiting for you to hit Ready on your orders.

I want to say thank you to all of you for helping me cross a game off my bucket list. I doubt I'll win this but it's been a lot of fun playing.

Yes, I've been on the ropes for most of the game, but it has still been fun. I'm in for another one if other people are in.

I want to say thank you to all of you for helping me cross a game off my bucket list. I doubt I'll win this but it's been a lot of fun playing.
It's even more fun razzing players who are last to commit their orders.
Yes, I've been on the ropes for most of the game, but it has still been fun. I'm in for another one if other people are in.
Sign me up. It would be interesting to try a different country and see what strategies work or don't work.

Banner: The best cosmic horror & Cthulhu Mythos @ DriveThruRPG.com
Back