New Member Introductions

Best Selling RPGs - Available Now @ DriveThruRPG.com
helllooooo sexy...
N5RwnLZ.jpg
MAN Gabe Newell has let himself go.

I don’t have eyes like I used to, so it definitely helps. I used to run vBulletin and unless you are running 5.0 or the tapatalk add-on, the forum looks cramped on small screens. I looked into some numbers before creating the forum and found out that some 70-80% of people surf the net with their phones. It would have been a mistake to use anything but Xenforo.

Yeah, Xenforo, Invision Power Boards and WoltLab Burning Board are the three best web forum software available ATM IMO. Can't go wrong with any of the three.

The phone friendliness is a big factor to my frequenting this place. I do like the dark mode, and I finally figured out how to turn off email notifications. :grin: There does seem to be a java error when trying to connect my Google account.

I really dig the modern forum software the Pub is built on. Makes other forums feel like a visit to the 1990's net.
Me, too! The forums here are much easier on my eyes and have a lot of neat functionality built in that makes vBullletin look absolutely primitive by comparison.

Me, too! The forums here are much easier on my eyes and have a lot of neat functionality built in that makes vBullletin look absolutely primitive by comparison.
When I first was posting here, I'd just gotten done writing a long response to someone when I accidentally deleted it. I had a moment of despair before I noticed there was actually an undo button, and my post was recovered.

I also like how I can start typing a long reply, leave the page, turn off my computer, come back online, reload the forum from the front page, go back to that thread, and there is my post draft waiting to be started back up

Um, I mainly play sci-fi. I like all sorts of systems, Traveller, Cypher, OSR (White Star and Hulks & Horrors, then Stars Without Number). I've also got a thing for historical stuff and non-European settings.

I used to write for L5R and Mongoose Traveller. Now I write for Star Trek Adventures and sometimes for myself (Kaigaku and The Exodus System). I wouldn't mind playing in some PbP games.

Um, I mainly play sci-fi. I like all sorts of systems, Traveller, Cypher, OSR (White Star and Hulks & Horrors, then Stars Without Number). I've also got a thing for historical stuff and non-European settings.

I used to write for L5R and Mongoose Traveller. Now I write for Star Trek Adventures and sometimes for myself (Kaigaku and The Exodus System). I wouldn't mind playing in some PbP games.

I like Kaigaku. Welcome!

You have probably visited the PbP section but if not here's the link: https://www.rpgpub.com/forums/play-by-post-games.14/

Indeed! :thumbsup:
I see that you have also wandered over, as have many others that I recognise.
And probably for the same reasons. Came over in January and haven't looked back. It's nice to talk about games and toys and books we enjoy. :thumbsup:

I don’t want to rag on other forums that much but every other place I go has long paragraphs on the front page of what’s allowed or not allowed to be posted and four letter words that are very unprofessional for a major website to display so openly. It’s actually hard to believe what I am seeing some times and I wondered if I misspelled the address in the bar in my browser and ended up on the wrong site.

And probably for the same reasons. Came over in January and haven't looked back. It's nice to talk about games and toys and books we enjoy. :thumbsup:
I wholeheartedly agree, and I have a feeling that I won't be looking back either.

[...] four letter words that are very unprofessional for a major website to display so openly.
Well, they've never been a professional organization, so why change now?
It would surprise me more if they didn't have regular freakouts over the political scandal of the moment.

It's interesting that the forum that is free from political talk is the one that feels the most inclusive and comforting. I appreciate this place every time I come to post and read threads here.

Hi folks! I'm Derek, from the UK, been away from RPGs (and forums) for a couple of years while my interest was on the narrative side of miniatures wargames. So I'm into campaigns, character development, and I've used Mythic GM Emulator with varying amounts of success over the years. Two Hour Wargames and their detailed campaigns are among my favourites, and we play a lot of same-side gaming as well as head to head.

Main RPGs - Runequest, RQ3 was the one I cut my teeth on back in the 80s, but I'm not a fan of the direction (and density) Glorantha has taken since then. Love Mythras. Also D&D, Traveller, CoC. SF is my great love - Blue Planet, Jovian Chronicles, Heavy Gear.

I'm not really a hedgehog. Or cute.

Hi folks! I'm Derek, from the UK, been away from RPGs (and forums) for a couple of years while my interest was on the narrative side of miniatures wargames. So I'm into campaigns, character development, and I've used Mythic GM Emulator with varying amounts of success over the years. Two Hour Wargames and their detailed campaigns are among my favourites, and we play a lot of same-side gaming as well as head to head.

Main RPGs - Runequest, RQ3 was the one I cut my teeth on back in the 80s, but I'm not a fan of the direction (and density) Glorantha has taken since then. Love Mythras. Also D&D, Traveller, CoC. SF is my great love - Blue Planet, Jovian Chronicles, Heavy Gear.

I'm not really a hedgehog. Or cute.

Welcome to the Pub, Derek. Have a :coffee: or :drink: on me. Are you running or playing in something currently? Or reading any interesting RPGs?

Welcome to the Pub, Derek. Have a :coffee: or :drink: on me. Are you running or playing in something currently? Or reading any interesting RPGs?
Hey Charlie, it's good to be on a forum without too much drama. I'll gladly have a beer! Scotch Is on me though.

Currently getting a 5e game together - minis will be involved, and we'll begin with the Starter adventure and Basic rules. It's a step up in complexity for a couple of the wargamers. Play it by ear if things go well.

Currently reading Ryuutama, and I'm loving that the focus is on the journeys and characters.

Hey Charlie, it's good to be on a forum without too much drama. I'll gladly have a beer! Scotch Is on me though.

Currently getting a 5e game together - minis will be involved, and we'll begin with the Starter adventure and Basic rules. It's a step up in complexity for a couple of the wargamers. Play it by ear if things go well.

Currently reading Ryuutama, and I'm loving that the focus is on the journeys and characters.

Beer and scotch and D&D and Ryuutama? Sounds like the perfect weekend with friends!

Going into Phandelver then, correct? I'm trying to remember how that adventure starts? Goblins are causing problems I think. Do you think you'll start by rolling initiative and fighting goblins to hook the wargamers? Or will you use another approach?

Those goblins have some nasty tricks against low-level characters, with the ability to duck away after shooting. I'll give them a chance to set up and plan a bit - if they scout and act smart, they should be rewarded.

I think "keep the action moving" and "clear choices" will keep them hooked, rather than constant fighting. If things are dragging in the village, or they're not making progress, have the Redbrandbs burst in and leave clues afterwards.

They may surprise me, so we'll see!

You played the adventure? Any advice?

Banner: The best cosmic horror & Cthulhu Mythos @ DriveThruRPG.com
Back