The Pub in 2023: Feedback Welcome!

Best Selling RPGs - Available Now @ DriveThruRPG.com
I am increasingly having issues with the TV audio when watching recent movies and shows with the dialogue being too low and music and effects too loud. I understand it's a common issue.
I've turned off many, many programs because of that. On the bright side, it frees up lots of time to read books instead, which is better anyway.
4b48048a-de71-4a48-b975-796b15b633a8_374x200.gif

If you are watching Christopher Nolan movies my understanding is that some of it is intentional.
That's so the audience doesn't realize how bad his movies really are underneath all the stylization and pseudointellectual veneer. :hehe:

I am increasingly having issues with the TV audio when watching recent movies and shows with the dialogue being too low and music and effects too loud. I understand it's a common issue.

This has nothing to do with Pub 2023 Feedback, I just wanted to contribute to the threadfall.

This is just your TV telling you that it wants to retire and you should buy a new one.

You never ask a question, you make an assertion and learn from everyone showing you in detailed steps how you're wrong.

This phenomenon is known as Cunningham's Law and it works in all sorts of internet forums.

I suppose the obvious thing to do here would be to say something about the innate superiority of narrative gaming styles.

This phenomenon is known as Cunningham's Law and it works in all sorts of internet forums.

I suppose the obvious thing to do here would be to say something about the innate superiority of narrative gaming styles.
Bah. We all know the hobby started with simulationist gaming styles and that, along with Rules As Written, is the True Way to play.

For the record I was just kidding :wink:

(I’m sure Nobby-W Nobby-W picked up on it but not everyone has a properly adjusted sarcasm meter)

I hope it was clear that I was also sarcastic. If not, then it's another case of:

38578027d9161f8b4a33a5c81b3c9ce5eae0c54e994b5665cdd6262580fed6b7.jpg

I get a lot of students who want to be nurses. I also get a lot of students who can't stomach blood, body fluids, ill people, injuries, injections, beds and hospitals.

When I try to point out that maybe...just maybe, they might want to reconsider their career choice, they look at me like I've got two heads.

I have taken notice of the distinct lack of a most important if not necessary feature:

There should be a gnome rating for posts that are particularily gnomish. At the end of the year, the poster with the most gnomes becomes the official PUB gnome, and is imparted with the power of editing anyone's posts, as is dictated by the laws of nature.

I have taken notice of the distinct lack of a most important if not necessary feature:

There should be a gnome rating for posts that are particularily gnomish. At the end of the year, the poster with the most gnomes becomes the official PUB gnome, and is imparted with the power of editing anyone's posts, as is dictated by the laws of nature.
Well you know where that shit will end up, so I would suggest a careful thought about consequences. I'm all for it generally though. And no, I have no idea what you mean by gnomish. :grin:

Well you know where that shit will end up, so I would suggest a careful thought about consequences. I'm all for it generally though. And no, I have no idea what you mean by gnomish. :grin:
By gnomish I mean in accordance with the tenets of whimsy, quirky and rotund (but not as rotund as dwarves), the principle virtue of gnomes obviously. These are the laws of nature Fenris, I didn't make them.

Not to be confused with gnoming, which is a legitimate form of maximizing revenues from online gambling, despite ignorant claims of it being "fraud" and "possibly illegal".

By gnomish I mean in accordance with the tenets of whimsy, quirky and rotund (but not as rotund as dwarves), the principle virtue of gnomes obviously. These are the laws of nature Fenris, I didn't make them.

Not to be confused with gnoming, which is a legitimate form of maximizing revenues from online gambling, despite ignorant claims of it being "fraud" and "possibly illegal".
Well, I remain confident based on the first sentence that I have a a punchers chance.

Last edited:

I'll tentatively support that provided we also get an official pub goblin, and at the end of the year the gnome and goblin fight for supremacy. With spatulas.

Banner: The best cosmic horror & Cthulhu Mythos @ DriveThruRPG.com
Back