The Pub in 2023: Feedback Welcome!

Best Selling RPGs - Available Now @ DriveThruRPG.com
I get a lot of students who want to be nurses. I also get a lot of students who can't stomach blood, body fluids, ill people, injuries, injections, beds and hospitals.

When I try to point out that maybe...just maybe, they might want to reconsider their career choice, they look at me like I've got two heads.
I've had a similar experience, except it was 'I want to go to Med School, but I won't take Bio or Chem classes.'

Unfortunately, you are not allowed to say "Yeah, good luck with that" to your advisees.

I've had a similar experience, except it was 'I want to go to Med School, but I won't take Bio or Chem classes.'

Unfortunately, you are not allowed to say "Yeah, good luck with that" to your advisees.

This seems to be where the world is going wrong. Its like people expect the occupation to change because of their needs.

I want to be a firefighter, but I'm afraid of fire...

I want to be a nurse/doctor/EMT, but I faint at the sight of blood...

I want to be a teacher, but I don't like working with kids...

There's plenty of other jobs out there, snowflake...go do one of those instead. :madgoose:

This seems to be where the world is going wrong. Its like people expect the occupation to change because of their needs.
My sister-in-law hired a house painter who turned out to be afraid of heights. Had to get another to come and paint what the first bloke couldn't reach from ground and floor level.

By gnomish I mean in accordance with the tenets of whimsy, quirky and rotund (but not as rotund as dwarves), the principle virtue of gnomes obviously. These are the laws of nature Fenris, I didn't make them.

Not to be confused with gnoming, which is a legitimate form of maximizing revenues from online gambling, despite ignorant claims of it being "fraud" and "possibly illegal".
A Dwarf is not 'rotund' - that's hobbitses. A Dwarf is 'of solid build'.

“Robust”. “Heavily built”. Perhaps even “squat”. Not rotund.

im-big-boned-eric-cartman.gif

I don't want to open a new thread, so quick question. Do you plan to publish some pub-related statistics for 2023? Like was there more messages than in 2022? More active users? Some other good looking numbers?

I don't want to open a new thread, so quick question. Do you plan to publish some pub-related statistics for 2023? Like was there more messages than in 2022? More active users? Some other good looking numbers?
I can’t speak for endless, but he normally does. We talk about them occasionally behind the scene, often some variant of “any publicity is good publicity” when someone says something controversial and a slow thread suddenly develops 100 posts in 30 minutes

I just did a quick calculation. We averaged 205 posts/day in 2022 and 264 posts/day so far in 2023. So it looks to be about 21,535 more posts this year than last.

85,174 posts in 2020.
87,679 posts in 2021.
74,825 posts in 2022.
96,360 posts in 2023.

I could go back farther but that’s a snapshot.

I underestimate nothing! I know I don't have the energy to waste overthrowing this place. That's why I'm suckering Fenris-77 Fenris-77 in to do all the work. Then I'll take the glory. I told you I was in management!
Plan is coming along nicely.....

I just did a quick calculation. We averaged 205 posts/day in 2022 and 264 posts/day so far in 2023. So it looks to be about 21,535 more posts this year than last.

85,174 posts in 2020.
87,679 posts in 2021.
74,825 posts in 2022.
96,360 posts in 2023.

I could go back farther but that’s a snapshot.

Basically, Wizards of the Coast loading its twelve gauge shotgun, and shooting itself in the left foot in January, and again in the right foot in December, was really good for the Pub.

Here's hoping that Wizards of the Coast continues to engage in supreme stupidity in 2024!

I wonder what happened in 2022 to suppress the post count so much.

In Scotland, until the mid-20th C, at least until the point when my father can remember working in the yards? Chistmas was not a holiday. I mean, who gives a fuck when your pretend-messiah was pretended-to-be-born? No holidays, no days off for Christmas. Not in Scotland.

Hogmanay? New Years Day? The week after? That was when Scotland had their holidays. Fuck yer pretendo-Christianity. We knew when the real holidays were. All you fuck-off Canadian immigrants and fuck-off Americans, you might cling to the English Xmas holidays. And that's all right. Imma let you finish.

But New Year? That's the real Celtic tribal holiday. That's when we say "Long May Your Chimneys Show Smoke". Which is the only real blessing to give people who live the real life. Because people die in the winter. Because the dark nights last for months. Away tae fuck. Sláinte. Cunts.

I wanted to reply with some modern archaeological theory on the "Celts" and how it pertains to "Celtic Nationalism", but clearly this is not the time for it. :shock:

I wanted to reply with some modern archaeological theory on the "Celts" and how it pertains to "Celtic Nationalism", but clearly this is not the time for it. :shock:
Honestly bud. iIf this was a real pub and me my mates would throw pound coins into an empty hat until you told us your theory. Go on. Half a laugh. A perma-ban would tickle my fucking prostate you yellow skulled year-dated fuck.

Honestly bud. iIf this was a real pub and me my mates would throw pound coins into an empty hat until you told us your theory. Go on. Half a laugh. A perma-ban would tickle my fucking prostate you yellow skulled year-dated fuck.

Why would I do that?

I always felt that Scot and Irish sounded way better than "Celt" any time of the day. I did forget to add the second smiley, though, and for that you have my apologies.

Also, absolutely fantastic come back. Have a great Scots' New Year.

Why would I do that?

I always felt that Scot and Irish sounded way better than "Celt" any time of the day. I did forget to add the second smiley, though, and for that you have my apologies.

Also, absolutely fantastic come back. Have a great Scots' New Year.
My bloodlines are Scots, Welsh, Anglo, Irish and huegenot French. A few % nord, from all the raping, i guess. Probably some Pict in there if you were to plunge a needle into my arm and do the math. Wales into Scotland. Ireland into Scotland. Scotland into Ireland. Vikings uber alles.

This we know.

What else do you got to add to my line, friend? Quote me like your French journals.

Banner: The best cosmic horror & Cthulhu Mythos @ DriveThruRPG.com
Back